BookSmart

Banding or paper handling stripes?

I just purchased my first Blurb book, and I’m very impressed with the results in many respects, but notice one or two "sorry, Blurb won’t suit my needs" level quality problems, and I would like to know if the problems I’m seeing are a one-time thing, or if they’re consistent.

I’m noticing subtle stripes in my images and also on some of the pages I used a flat midtone color background, e.g., grey or olive.  The stripes are more vertical visibly but it’s pretty clear that they’re present horizontally, particularly on the olive "background only" page.   The result is sort of a very mild irregular plaid lightening/darkening wash over the page.  The bands do not have sharp edges, vary in width but are mostly in the 1/10th inch to 1/4" range, I’d guess.

I did use a custom worklflow, and am adept at color management, even teach it locally.

Anyway, this ain’t bookstore quality.  Is this what you’re seeing?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
joedecker
Jun 9, 2008 2:14pm PDT
joedecker

Hi joedecker,

While you are certainly invited to ask fellow forum members about their experiences, I’d suggest 2 things. First, please be sure to contact customer support so they can see if this is a misprint (and if so, they will reprint your book).

Second, there is a Book Printing forum that’s probably the better place for this kind of post. You’re welcome to post your thoughts here in the BookSmart forum, but you might get better responses over in the Book Printing area. 

Customer support should answer you within hours of you writing in to them.  

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jun 9, 2008 3:07pm PDT
jbates

Thanks, Jeremy.  Blurb CS has been extremely helpful.  

Posted by
joedecker
Jun 20, 2008 9:52am PDT
joedecker