BookSmart

Slightly Grainy Photos

Hi,

I just received my first book (I made it) as a test before I buy some more copies to give to friends who helped out.  I noticed, though, that a lot of the pictures appear a bit grainy, but that appears to come as an effect of the printing, not the photos.  They look fine from a photo printer, and also the text, from Booksmart, shows heavy pixelation.

One photo in particular is mostly blue sky, and it shows quite a lot of this pixelation.  I’m using the template with a black background and white (or slightly off-white) text, and was wondering if perhaps there’s a problem printing light colors with this template.  Some pictures also appeared a tad dark, but that’s an easy fix.

For comparison, one shot that’s on the cover (softcover) as well as in the book does look cleaner on the cover.

If anyone has any thoughts, I’d appreciate them.  I’d like to get the book perfect before ordering the additional copies.

Thanks,

Jeremy Katz

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
airplanenut
Jun 20, 2008 3:42pm PDT
airplanenut

Howdy,

While you are certainly invited to ask fellow forum members about their experiences, I’d suggest 2 things. First, please be sure to contact customer support so they can see if this is a misprint (and if so, they will reprint your book).

Second, there is a Book Printing forum that’s probably the better place for this kind of post. You’re welcome to post your thoughts here in the BookSmart forum, but you might get better responses over in the Book Printing area. 

Customer support should answer you within hours of you writing in to them.  

Best regards,
Jeremy
Posted by
jbates
Jun 20, 2008 3:56pm PDT
jbates