BookSmart

How to title a book with dustcover that's my own design?

I replaced the template-based front dust cover with a deisgn of my own, imported to Booksmart as a full-bleed JPEG. I had to delete the title text in the old template, and Booksmart can’t read the title in the JPEG, so it thinks the book is untitled. How do I add a title and author that can be seen on the web site?

TIA,

Jim

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
JMKas
Jun 22, 2008 1:36pm PDT
JMKas

Hi Jim!

Go to My Books, logging in if you aren’t already. You will see your list of books as a series of covers. Click on the one you are wanting to change the title of.

You will be taken to a window where you will see, in a green bar above the book, SUMMARY on the left of that green stripe and Edit on the right.

Click on that Edit and you will be taken to a window where you can make the changes you want.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 22, 2008 1:57pm PDT
tfrankland

Thanks, Tony. I never noticed the Edit button.

Jim

Posted by
JMKas
Jun 22, 2008 3:40pm PDT
JMKas

Nor did I Jim, it took someone else to point it out to me!

Similarly I went a couple of months editing my book before I spotted the Preview button :-(

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 22, 2008 11:46pm PDT
tfrankland

Well Tony and Jim,

It seems that both of you see what I don’t: I log in, go to My Books, All Books: then I click on the book of which I would like to change the title. I then get the book settings page, which has no green stripe above the book or anywhere. All I can do there is edit my book settings or edit book summary. These are two tabs below the book. I suppose that I can type any title in the book summary.
But what I am actually looking for, is how I can change my book title while it is still in Book Smart. The people on the Blurb video’s keep saying: ‘’type a title when you begin – you can always change it later.’’ But I can’t find where I can do that.

Posted by
denarend
Jan 28, 2011 9:16am PDT
denarend