BookSmart

Text won't flow into text boxes, text deleted when layout is changed

I am trying to cut and paste a word document into a series of text boxes, and it won’t flow the text into the boxes on the following pages.  Also, when I have the text on the page and try to change the text layout, the text gets deleted…

Help!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
BedHist
Jun 27, 2008 1:44pm PDT
BedHist

Howdy BedHist,

Sorry to hear about this. We are aware of this issue, and are working to improve it. I hope you can workaround it while we labor behind the scenes to improve the software.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jun 27, 2008 4:44pm PDT
jbates

Any progress on this item? Ideally you’d be able to "link" text boxes across pages in order to flow text from one box to the next. This would be very powerful.

Posted by
dscifres
Oct 30, 2009 10:03am PDT
dscifres

Still having the same problem on version 2.5.1. Any news on this bug? This one is kinda critical…

Posted by
tbilou
Nov 19, 2009 11:20am PDT
tbilou

Can I add my voice to the chorus here?  I can’t abide all the wasted space on empty captions, and created a bunch of custom layouts to compensate, but now my text won’t flow from one page to the next. 

Posted by
renegourley
Nov 26, 2009 12:10am PDT
renegourley

Hi….I’m facing the same problem currently!

I just inserted a blank page and changed its layout to add text and all the pages that followed disappeared!!!
Please tell me I don’t have to import the whole book again! Also, the software is very slow…even if I am taking it slow, it gets stuck a lot and doesn’t recover for a long while.

Are there any other options except booksmart? Is Bookify a better solution if I want to import content from Word?

Posted by
NaomiShaomi
Oct 19, 2011 6:16am PDT
NaomiShaomi