BookSmart

new 'book preview" a problem for my website.

I have been producing books regularly on Blurb. I then used to attach the full PDF alyouts to my website so people could see the edit and potentially purchase. This was before by using the Full page URL in code.

The new advances made in the ‘book preview’ are wonderful, but the full page layouts do not give a URL. I already compromise with Blurb in supplying your logo prominently in the book, layout and limiting the preview’able pages someone can see on line. By not providing a URL I’m now forced to further market for Blurb by linking to a site layout that is so obvoiusly different from my own.

That all sounds snotty from me. Its not, its just the reality I see so far. Maybe there is a way around it? Could you let me know what it is?

Cheers Sam 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
samulle
Jun 29, 2008 8:46am PDT
samulle

Hi Sam,

Our flash-based book preview is not able to be embedded in your website, yet anyway. I say "yet" because that is a great idea. I am going to pass your suggestion along to our web team. 

One thing you could do is print to PDF from BookSmart and use a free service like Issuu or Scribd to create a custom preview for your site. However, I understand that this is not terribly convenient. I will ask our web team to consider your reasonable request.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jun 30, 2008 9:51am PDT
jbates

thanks for your quick response. I appreciate that you have shown an interest and hope that your proposals work in my favour:) If photographers are to survive the media shift to new web based marketing we have to ensure we help each other build mutual resources rather than suffocate good ideas with over exploitation – if its possible to provide this info you it will be best for everyone to make it available.

Regards

Posted by
samulle
Jul 4, 2008 2:27am PDT
samulle

any news on this?

Posted by
samulle
Jul 29, 2008 1:17am PDT
samulle