BookSmart

Alignment of ornaments on end page

I am working on my first book, a book of poetry. I have added centered ornaments to each page, in both the header and the footer. In doing so, I have discovered that the ornaments on the end page are not centered in the same manner that the Blurb logo is. Apparently, the logo is centered on the page, whereas the ornaments are centered in their respective text fields, which are slightly offset, I imagine, to accommodate for binding space. I find the different methods for centering somewhat esthetically disappointing, since it makes the ornaments or the logo appear to not be centered in any way. I have tried to figure out how to edit the header and the footer on the end page and failed. Whenever I try to edit the header nothing happens and when I try to edit the footer, instead I get the question about removing the logo. Is there any way to edit the header and footer on the end page either so I can get them to center with the logo or to remove the ornaments entirely from just the end page?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
OakDragon
Jul 11, 2008 8:35pm PDT
OakDragon

Hi OakDragon,

Thank you for bringing this up. I, too, have noticed this, and agree that it doesn’t look great.

Our developers seem to have addressed the issue in an upcoming version of BookSmart. Ornaments (in this yet-to-be-released edition) can no longer be applied to the end page. Headers and footers already cannot be applied to the final page, so it appears allowing ornaments on the final page was a bug. I know this isn’t quite the fix you were looking for, but I hope it will help you and other authors avoid that alignment issue in the future. 

Until the new version of BookSmart is released, I recommend eliminating the ornament from the final page.

Best regards and best of luck completing your book,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jul 14, 2008 9:43am PDT
jbates

Thank you for your response, Jeremy. I tried eliminating the ornaments from the end page, but could not find a way to remove them once they were already in there. When I try to click on the header or footer on the end page either nothing happens or if I click in the right spot, I get the message about how to remove the Blurb logo.

Anyway, it is a very minor issue. I won’t worry about it.

Posted by
OakDragon
Jul 14, 2008 4:39pm PDT
OakDragon