BookSmart

Booksmart & Image wrap or dustcover choice

First, I am French, so please forgive my mistakes.

I think Booksmart should ask us right from the beginning what is our cover choice.

If we choose Imagewrap, the flaps should dissapear so that we cannot fill them

Then, Booksmart can ask again at the end of the book: you have choosen imagewrap. Do you confirm or change to dustcover? If we confirm, we finish the order.( and that will be the case for more than 90% )

If we change, another message: the softcover has flaps do you want to fill them?

If the answer is yes, then Booksmart comes back to the cover page, where the flaps have been reintroduced, so as to be filledand when it’s done, back to the end of the book

In case we choose dustcover at te beginning and imagewrap at the end, a message:  imagewrap has no flaps,do you want:

-to cancel all the texts & photos displayed on your actual flaps (if yes, the process goes on)

-that the texts &photos of yr flaps be displayed on an additional page at the end of the book? If the answer is yes, then booksmart puts the content of the two flaps on an additional  last page, with of course the possibility to modify it as we wish, and then finish the process

I think this way would be much safer and avoid all those questions & problems regarding cover choice. It would also be very clear for somebody wishing to order a book with one cover, and then the same book with another one.

I think imagewrap ( a wonderful idea) has been introduced without thinking  that Booksmart needs changes accordingly

What do you think?

Best regards from France

Jean-Georges REQUIER

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ulysse1
Jul 28, 2008 11:28pm PDT
ulysse1

Bonjour Jean-Georges;

Your suggestion looks sensible, but, it would only work for an author’s own purchase…

Blurb want to provide a resource for the possibility to sell books externally, and to give those buyers the options of buying either Hardback (with dust-jacket), ImageWarp or (where available) Softcover…

However, designing a cover which services all three options is proving to be difficult for users because of the differing presentation styles of the the three cover-options…

Unfortunatley, because of the way that Blurb upload the book file to their printer-server, I don’t think that they can accommodate a build which included all three covers, with custom-made cover designs catering for each of the options available…

Now that may be a better option???

Regards from Les Rosbifs…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 29, 2008 3:55am PDT
lkb-28

Good afternoon, Lee;

I probably did not express my concern clearly (it’s always difficult in a foreign language)

I do not wish Booksmart allows us to elaborate a book printable in 2 or 3 ways at our choice or request  ( i.e. Imagewrap-dustcover-softcover)

I wish Booksmart asks us, right at the beginning, what cover we want, and modifies the cover templates accordingly, I’ll explain:

I wish to do a large format lanscape book with <acronym title=" my first book with Blurb, did others  with a French lab">IMAGEWRAP</acronym>, so I started to investigate the soft.

I noticed that it does ask what size of book I wish, NOT ( or maybe I do’nt use it properly) what cover. So, it displays the cover templates with 2 flaps, as for a dustcover. I already realised some books, so I know a printed cover like Imagewrap has no flaps, but if I did’nt know, I would fill those flap templates, and have a problem at the end when Booksmart asks me my cover choice, and I answer Imagewrap. ( and, beeing French, an even bigger problem to understand the problem!)  

That’s why I wish the choice be made when starting:

- Imagewrap ( or softcover), and Booksmart displays a cover template without flaps

- Dustcover, and it  displays cover templates with flaps

The end of my post was only to let a way in case somebody changes its mind at the end of the book, I agree its a bit complicated, maybe just a warning regarding the flaps ( and the advice to come back to the cover page for adequate correctives) would do,

I stongly think Booksmart should ask for our the cover choice in the same time as the book size, what do you think?

Glad to hear from you all (and a good way to practice English!)

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Jul 29, 2008 8:10am PDT
ulysse1

Hello Jean-Georges;

I did understand your comments, and, for my own part – I agree. I would be quite happy to see that system – because I do not sell my books to anybody else…

Perhaps my reply was not clear…

A large number of people use Blurb to make books for commercial retail sale, and so Blurb wants to give those clients the choice of whether they want to buy a hard-back or a soft-back version – just the same as you or me going into a bookstore, and choosing between a paper-back or a hard-back book…

I don’t think that there is a 100% solution one way or the other, unless you remove the flexibility provided to the retail customer to buy whatever he wants…

Hope that makes sense…

Bonsoir;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 29, 2008 8:54am PDT
lkb-28

Hello Lee,

Thank you very much for yr post, I understand now that  Booksmart must take care of blurberati that do books for their own pleasure (and their friends & family as well!), and those that wish to sell their books.

I am like you, I don’t sell my books (when a friend wishes one, it’s at printing cost)

But suppose I would like to put it on sale with Blurb ( do’nt think it would work with a french text and Blurb is known in France by very few people)

The next book I shall make (  Italy) is a large lanscape book with imagewrap.
Of course, I wo’nt fill the flaps. So, if I put it on sale, and Blurb proposes it in the 3 covers, the dust cover  will have flaps with no printing, and that’s all. ( unless I create from the beginning one book with imagewrap, order it, then come back to the cover template, fill the flaps, and order a dustcover book, but that would be easy with the process of my previous posts

Anyway, if the majority of blurberati are happy with the current Booksmart, I’ll cope with it. But I think of all the folks that do’nt read English well enough, and won’t understand why Booksmart offrs them to fill the flaps, and why they have a problem right at the end when they request imagewrap, and how to solve it. The french softs only allow us to fill the templates that are on line with the size & type of book chosen at the very beginning.

When I’ll begin to do the book, I’ll probably come back requesting more "tips"

Thank you again Lee, et longue vie aux Rosfifs!

Jean-Georges    

Posted by
ulysse1
Jul 30, 2008 12:32am PDT
ulysse1

Bonjour Jean-Georges;

If you create the "cover-flaps" right at the beginning of the book-building process, then they are there for whatever final option is chosen… You do NOT have to make 2 / 3 varieties of your book…

At the end of the process, when you upload & order the book, if you choose "ImageWrap" then all that happens is that the flaps are discarded – for that order only… If somebody else then orders hardcover, the flaps will be printed…

So, all you need to do is to make sure there is nothing important on the flaps, so they can be used or not as the case may be…

And, you may as well add your book to the Bookstore… who knows – you may get a sale. The Blurb word is slowly spreading… this is all still a fairly new concept, so it takes time!

Vive la France!

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 30, 2008 1:37am PDT
lkb-28

Bonjour Lee

Your post is wonderful, I now understand how to deal with Booksmart, and why it’s like that

Honestly, it could be stated like you did in Blurb’s help, it’s very clear and much easier to understand  than the awfully complicated text " how to change beetween imagewrap & dustcover" 

Regarding the cover, I’ll do exactly what you wrote.

I wonder if you can help me with another concern. I must say first that, when I realise a book, it’s a travel book large size, and I spend many & many days so as to do it with as much a "professional" look as possible 

The french printer soft I am currently using allows to clear the page from any predefined template ( right clic/ cancel) and, supposing I wish to put 8 photos of different sizes at any place I want, I just choose the first one , bring it on the page where it appears as a thumbnail, and then enlarge it and put it where convenient, then I do the same for the 7 others on the same page, and then I call the text icon, a text zone appears on the page, that I can adjust to the size I want and put it where I wish (and then fill it), and this as many times as wanted on the same page. The result is that, WITH THE PRINTER’S SOFT , I get exactly what I wish.

I asked Blurb’s technical support, and if I understand well (but I am not sure at all it’s the case!) it’s not possible unless I use an external soft (photoshop or similar), do my book with it, and then export it to Booksmart. I never did that, and don’t think i’d be able to do it (anyway, I only have ph elements 6, as I am an old-fashion photographer and I try to have a good photo – technic  & aesthetic-  when I take it)

So, remaining in Booksmart, do you think I could do it, and if so, how?

Same question if I wish to display a partial background (i.e. for ex a red background covering only one third of the page, and then 1 or 2 photos on that same page, partially over the background ?

Lee, as you speak french, I guess you sometimes visit France. I do’nt know Blurb’s forum policy, and if you have acess to my mail. If so, send me a private mail so that we can meet at yr next visit.

Amitiés

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Jul 30, 2008 11:37pm PDT
ulysse1

Bonjour Jean-Georges;

Sorry – there is no "free-flow" design ability in BookSmart, so you cannot do what you want without using PhotoShop… but it’s not hard… I do it all the time, and use PSE6 the same as you…

Decide which BookSmart template you want to use for your "montage" of images, and note the image container size, by hovvering your mouse over the container… Mostly you will want to use the "full-bleed" template for the whole page…

Then, in PSE6, Open a new Blank File with the pixel dimensions of the template. Set the background to transparent (for now), and set sRGB and 300dpi.

Next, simply copy each of your images into new layers in the blank file, and use the "Move" tool to re-size and place the images where you want… You can then add a text layer etc. etc.

When you are finished playing, save the file as a "PSD" file first, so you can always go back & play more if you want to… then "Flatten" the layers, and save the file as a JPEG (*** see note below). Then you just import that consolidated JPEG image into BookSmart as an ordinary image file…

***If you have text on the PSE6 image, save the file as a "PNG" file. It generates a better quality text than JPEG will. Also make sure you use at least a 12 point font for best results…

To add a half-page coloured background in PSE6, simply fill a new blank file (sized for half the page) with a solid colour from the colour-picker, and then do the same as the above, copying it into a new layer on your "blank file"...

Does that all make sense?

Finally, I am ashamed to say that my ability to "speak French" is very poor school-boy stuff, and I left school a very long time ago! Also, there is no "private message" service available on this forum…

C’est la vie…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 31, 2008 12:40am PDT
lkb-28

Jean-Georges;

If you need a "tutorial" on "layers" a good place to start is PSLover.com  [click on link]...

In the search box (top right) enter "layers"... and that will take you to a string of tutorials. Perhaps the best one to start with is the "YouTube" movie…

Let me know if I can help more…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jul 31, 2008 1:36am PDT
lkb-28

Well, I am glad to know that it just isn’t me. I just spent two hours trying to figure out the cover of my very first book and have gotten absolutely nowhere. I still don’t think I get how to make a wrap cover, so I will just do it with a dust jacket. Ah, well…..........MG aka Bigheadlulu

Posted by
bigheadlulu
Jul 31, 2008 4:39pm PDT
bigheadlulu

Hi Lee,

Sorry for responding so late, I had to suddenly change my holidays plans , I am back now for one week, and then again beg september.
Thank you very much for yr precious info, I am very lucky as you have also PSE6, but, as opposite to me, you know how to use it completely !

I must confess I did’nt succeed so far in dooing a full custom page, I am trying to get more info , without sucess so far, but I’ll go on.

So, for now, I left aside my Italy book & I’ll come back to it when I have understood

As I wish to test Blurb & Booksmart, I started a book (large size, imagewrap, should have around 90 pages) with a trip in Mali (West Africa) I did when I was using a film camera, so I had to scan them (its a terrible & frustrating work) but I like the result, and this book does’nt require a too complicated layout, so I can manage with the Booksmart limits.

Hopefully, you will see it as I wish to participate to Blurb’s travel book contest and for that I must make my book public and put it in sale. 

Lee, thank you again, and if you know a tuto that explains step by step for a newbee

in PSE6 how to edit a custompage, don’t hesitate ! I still don’t understand why Booksmart, in addition to the fixed templates very useful for those who wish to do a book more easely, does’nt allow us to put photos & texts as we wish on a blank page; may be they’ll do it later. 

If you plan to come to France, my wife & myself will be happy to see you and yr wife, just let me know if I am alloud to give my private mail on this forum

Vive  la Grande Bretagne!

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 16, 2008 11:13pm PDT
ulysse1

Bonjour Jean-Georges;

Ça va?

See my post above about PSLover. That’s a good place to start with a "layers" tutorial…

However, if you really want to learn PSE6, the best way to start is to use it, alongside a good book… Scott Kelby’s book is regularly recommended…

I found it in French on Amazon France here… [click on link]

Many users have requested a "free-flow" design template on BookSmart, and I know Blurb have it on their list of things review… but, I’m not holding my breath for that function any time soon !

Thank you for your kind invitation; I’ll certainly bear it in mind… (There is no "private" message facility on this forum… so, save it for now…)

Bon vacance…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 18, 2008 2:35am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee,

I checked with Amazon, but it seems it’s in English. But I might buy it (should be a good practice, no ?)

I alrady have 2 other books on PSE6, they insist on the organizer (I wonder why)

and how to correct photos, but nothing really specific on:

how to open a blank sheet, display several photos on it and eventually add backgrounds & so on

Does this book explain that clearly?

Thanks for posting & our invitation is valid when you wish.

La photo est internationale

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 18, 2008 5:09am PDT
ulysse1

Hello Jean-Georges;

Sorry for the wrong information! I did not see the "language" entry, so assumed that it was French! I have had some old Scott Kelby books, and they are quite easy to read IF your English is good… and YES, the book WILL answer your questions…

The "Organizer" is a large part of the PSE6 "suite". Adobe built PSE so that, in theory, the "Organizer" is the starting-block for all PSE work. Personally, I just turn-off the Organizer on start-up and go straight to the "Edit" workspace. I only "Organize" my work AFTER I have finished editing and only "Organize" the files I want to keep, rather than ALL files !!!

Anyhow, to make custom pages, you need to have a good understanding of "Layers". Look in your current books to see if there is any coverage on that ("Layers") before you buy a new book…

To start a new, blank file, Go to: File, New, Blank File…

That will bring up a pop-up box where you can "name" the file, set the image dimensions, the resolution (which should ALWAYS be 300dpi for BookSmart) and the colour-space (which should ALWAYS be sRGB for BookSmart…). You can also choose the background colour – or – make it transparent for greatest flexibility.

In the pop-up box next to the dimensions windows are drop-down lists where you can select what base you want to use. For BookSmart 13×11, select "Pixels" and then enter 3788 and 3263, click OK and VOILA you have a new blank file to work on…

From here, you need to understand "Layers" to add your multiple images and background to the file…

Here is another good site that may help you… [click on link] and then select "Forums"...

Hope that helps…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 18, 2008 5:51am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee,

Thank you for all this additional info. I must say that you explain things very clearly, (should have been a teacher !), and I know now I must manage layers, wich I have’nt been able to do so far.

But with yr info & links, I’ll try again beg of sept, and come back to you when I am stuck. For this week, I am on my MALI travel book, which i want to order on sept 4th. 

Regarding the book, PSE5  has been translated, PSE6 should be soon, and I’ll probably order beg sept a  French DVD tutorial on PSE6, I really want to fully use it. 

A bientôt

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 19, 2008 1:35am PDT
ulysse1

Hi again Lee

I started to try. I opened a blank file 3788×3263 ,300 dpi transparent background, and tried to drag in it one of the photos situated in the space below the working screen (we call it chelin de fer in French, which is railway is it the good term?

Anyway  I get a message: The command "place" is not currently available

What do I do wrong?

Thanks

Jean-Georges 

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 19, 2008 7:51am PDT
ulysse1

Hello Jean-Georges;

You have a face !!!

I can’t think why "Place" does not work… Are you in "FULL" edit mode in PSE6?

Does your starting screen look like this;

The panel at the bottom is called the "Project Bin".

The panel on the right side is called the "Palette Bin"

After you have created a New, Blank file, your workspace should look like this…

You will see that you have a new "layer" in the Palette Bin…

Once you’ve done that, are you using File, Open to add images to the Project Bin?

If so, it should look like this…

Then, then you simply click on the newly opened image, and drag it onto the Blank File… and your workspace should look like this…

You will see that you now have TWO layers in the Palette Bin…

Adding a second NEW image, and it looks like this, with THREE layers…

And so on and so on…

I have also tried this using the File, Place command from the main menu, and it works OK for me…

Give it a go, and let me know… I it’s still not working for you I will try & figure out why…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 19, 2008 11:02am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee,

Yes, I have a face. I just discovered yesterday I could include a photo, so I took one from a trip in Myanmar (Burma) I just made this year, thought it would be more pleasant for discussing.
Thanks to yr very detailed info, I made it . I now have a new sheet of the right size in pixels, with several photos and a text.
Still some questions:

How do you get the horizontal & vertical figures for size on the sides of yr working screen?

Once I have typed a text, choosing the font, size & colour above the working space, how can I modify it :3d, shadows etc..

For saving, I did it in PSD . But when I be happy with my project and want to import it in Booksmart, presuming its a mix of text & photos, should I save it as JPEG?

If its only text? What are the files accepted by Booksmart, and their maximum size?

Anyway, thanks to you, I made a real progress.

Vive la Pédagogie Britannique!

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 19, 2008 11:25pm PDT
ulysse1

Bonjour Jean-Georges;

I hope you’ve had coffee this morning… You may need a double-espresso after this…here goes…

- RULERS: Main menu; View; Rulers.

To change the "base" display: Main menu; Edit; Preferences; Units & Rulers. Here you can select inches, cm, mm, pixels etc. etc.

Another VERY useful tool is the "Grid". I use BOTH the rulers & grid when I’m arranging my layouts… Main menu; View; Grid.

To change the layout of the Grid; Main menu; Edit; Preferences; Grid. I generally use "Gridline" every 5 Percent with a Sub-division of 1. But you can set it to whatever you want, and set the Colour and LineStyle to suit your background etc. etc.

To turn OFF Rulers and Grid, just go to Main menu; View; Rulers or Grid and click them on & off…

- TEXT: There are two elements to this…

1. WARPING: Select your Text layer & select the Text tool from the ToolBar. On the top of the screen you will see a bunch of associated functions for the Text Tool, alongside the colour, point size, font etc. On the right is a "T" with a curved line underneath. Click on that for WARP tools. Play away! NOTE also the "T" with arrows. This changes the DIRECTION of text so you can add Vertical text if you want…

2. EFFECTS: In the Palette Bin you should see an "Effects" button. Click on that. If you don’t see it… Main menu; Window; Effects… Open up the "Effects" sub-window and you will see a drop-down window to the right of the four icons with a whole variety of effects; Bevels, Complex, Drop Shadows etc. etc. Select an effect you like by clicking on the icon and then click "Apply"... Voila – fancy text!

NOTE: You can add MULTIPLE effects if you wish. Just keep on selecting different Effects…

- SAVING: YES – ALWAYS save the file FIRST in .PSD mode. This preserves all layers intact, so you can re-work them at any time… When you are happy with the end result you MUST do TWO things to make the image good for BookSmart;

- FLATTEN the layers. Main menu; Layer; Flatten Image.

- SAVE AS .JPG

HOWEVER, IF you have a LARGE amount of text then we think that a Save As .PNG generates a slightly better result. It has no effect on images… BUT, if you want to preserve the transparent background then you MUST use .PNG.

ANOTHER TIP: You do NOT have to use the "full-bleed" template in BookSmart if you want to use some of the other BookSmart elements like "Headers" & "Footers" or Backgrounds etc. In that case, just select the BookSmart template you want to use, and note the image container size, and then set your initial blank file in PSE6 to the size of THAT container…

Finally, for now, thank-you for your comments about our Olympians… We "Rosbifs" are very proud of our athletes right now, and we hope that you are not too angry with us for "stealing" the 2012 games from under your noses! (I hope to get tickets; but I’m not sure I will be succesful!!!)

Cheers;

Lee

PS: I found another site last night that has some very good PhotoShop special-effects technique tutorials here…

This one for text looked really good… specially since they use Paris and the Champs-Elysees…

L

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 20, 2008 1:49am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee

Once again, yr answer is perfectly clear, thanks

I first would like to know the practical difference beetween choosing transparent or white for the background layer

then, if I put a colored background (total or part) ,of course I want the photo(s) OVER

(same story for texts) do I start with the background and then the photos, in other words, what is the good order for layers when they overlap ?

can I use a photo as a background, giving it a transparency of around 50%, so as to attenuate it and put a text over it

what is the tool for photo borders (not frames) & shadows on 2 sides of the photo

Now, please tell me if I got it right

First i open a new layer, which size is the same as the one of the Booksmart template I wish

Then I create a new layer everytime I want to add a photo or a text

and I click on that layer when I want do modify it

I flatten , and then I save in PSD ,and also in JPEG or PNG when I have finished

On Booksmart, I import the full page as if it was a photo. Is it correct? To come back to Booksmart, if I wish to put one photo on two opposite pages, is it possible (and on the cover?)

With you, in a short time, I’ll become an PSE expert !

Thanks again

Jean-Georges

Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 20, 2008 6:42am PDT
ulysse1

<font size="2">

Hello Jean-Georges;

WOW – PhotoShop lesson # 4…

TRANSPARENT or WHITE: Transparent maintains maximum flexibility… So, if you want to utilise BookSmart patterned backgrounds for example, then the background would show-through the transparent background of your .PNG image… Or, if you wanted to create a "floating image" effect, then, again TRANSPARENT is the way to go…

You can in fact choose ANY background colour you want. It can be white, black, red, green, blue etc. etc. etc. It only matters IF any part of the background will show around the images… If your image montage will fill the whole area, then it does not matter.

COLOURED BACKGROUND: You can have any "fill layer" you want. Just create a new layer and "fill" it with whatever colour you choose. If you only want it to be half the size or part of the page, create the layer, fill it, and then simply "Crop" the layer to size…

ORDER OF LAYERS: Think of "Layers" as "overhead projector transparencies". Each time you place a new layer on top, it only affects the layers that are placed on top of that… So, if you want your solid-coloured background layer to affect ALL other layers, then it should be at or near the bottom of the pile. If you don’t create it first, it’s no big deal… when done, you can simply drag that layer lower in the order in the Palette Bin…

PHOTO AS BACKGROUND: YES, you can do that. Create the layer, and fill it with your image. Then, click on that layer in the Palette Bin, and then select "Opacity" and set it at somewhere between 50% and 75%. Again, you can play around with the setting to suit yourself. Again that layer should be at the bottom of the pile, and all imaging should be layered on top…

BORDERS & SHADOWS: are two different things, so I’m not sure what it is you want to achieve here. Drop-shadows can be applied via "Effects" (select "Drop Shadows")... Borders (not frames) can be created using; Main menu; Image; Resize; Canvas Size… If you don’t want the edging to be applied to all four sides, then un-select the anchor points accordingly… You should do this BEFORE you import the image into your "montage"...

"HAVE I GOT IT RIGHT": ALMOST !You should SAVE the file as a .PSD file BEFORE you flatten the layers; otherwise you will consolidate the image and LOSE all the layers… So;

- PSD first

- Flatten layers

- Then JPEG or PNG

BOOKSMART: Yes, you then treat your flattened JPEG image as a "normal" image file.

ONE IMAGE OVER TWO PAGES: Called "Panoramic Spreads"... Read this thread… It’s a long one, but it will tell you how to do it. Tony & I do things slightly differently, but both methods work…

I’m off for a lay down now !!!

Cheers;

Lee

</font>
Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 20, 2008 9:26am PDT
lkb-28

• Hi Lee,

Thanks for all those answers. I read the complete post regarding a double page photo, and how to do it, and I must say I did’nt understand everything.
What surprised me most (in fact I could hardly believe it), was the Blurb’s representative answer : in short, put the same photo on each side , enlarge them both to about double so that they match, overlap if you wish, but its at yr own risk OR learn photoshop , we might one day (not done so far) give you a decent software to do it for you.

As already said, all the good French book printers ( not the ones that are for books of the new baby or for family holydays), let you

• -clear the templates of the 2 pages
  • then you drag a photo to the left page and you enlarge it so that it fills the 2 pages or a part of them
  • you can also do what you call the free flow this way 
  • Blurb is a much bigger printer than they are, they must immediatly release this software improvement
  • Generally speaking, the fact that so much help is needed to make people correctly use Booksmart, is the proof that the soft is complicated and unclear.
    But I wish to use it because I read many posts of customers happy with the printing, you can edit up to 400 pages (100-150 in France) ang I wish to try imagewrap that I find more convenient for reading a large book, and more sturdy.( the dustcover has IMHO, more "class")
  • regarding the overlapping, I read all that you wrote, and I think you are right, until Booksmart does it ( very soon I hope), its too dangerous to do it by sight, we must use PSE
  • I did’nt get exactly how to do it , and the fact that tis post talks of inches confuses me (honestly, in 2008,  it would be so much easier to say 3millimeters rather than 1/8 inch), so assuming I do a large size book of 100-150 pages, how should process in PSE
  • - in the case i do not overlap
  • - and in case i overlap
  • So far, I did’nt have problems with my french softwares( no possible overlapping, except with PSE), because when I am in front of a photo that I think would  be better on a double page, i just take it so
  • -that nothing important, and of course no person or face, be in the middle
  • - I have enough sky and/or earth to cut when enlarging (unless of course its a pano, then I just take care of point 1)
  • And what about the cover? I am afraid its impossible, no?
  • Thanks for reading my very special English, et bravo encore pour les jeux olympiques
  • Jean-Georges
Posted by
ulysse1
Aug 21, 2008 10:20am PDT
ulysse1

Jean-Georges,

Si j’ai bien compris, vous voulez une photo qui s’etend sur toute la couverture. Ben, à ce moment c’est impossible comme il n’y a pas moyen d’ajouter une photo sur le dos du livre.

Bien à vous

Margaux

Posted by
MargauxC
Aug 27, 2008 3:04am PDT
MargauxC