BookSmart

Locked Import book pages into another book project

HI, I was working in two different books and now i want to import several pages of one project into the other one. I am trying to have one project open and then go to the import option in the file menu, find the other project .book file and imported but an error occurs and this alert appears:

“this file doe not appear to be exported from Booksmart”

I have also tried doing copy/paste but seems is not posible from one project to another.

thanks!

Posted by
lecheades
Aug 2, 2008 7:27am PDT
lecheades

Can’t be done; I’m afraid…

The Export/Import function is designed ONLY to move WHOLE books – not part, and there’s no way to import part of a book into an existing project…

Copy/Paste doesn’t work either, because BookSmart has to "import" the original images into the current book, and can’t do so via Copy/Paste…

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 2, 2008 10:39am PDT
lkb-28

What a pitty!
thanks Lee

Posted by
lecheades
Aug 2, 2008 11:06am PDT
lecheades

I would like this to be a feaure of the next version of Booksmart if it’s possible!  For the time being we’re just going to redo an older book we made and add on to make a big photobook.

Posted by
n8kraft
Feb 27, 2009 12:15am PDT
n8kraft

what a joke ive lost an entire book because of this flawed design!!

Posted by
AmyArchbell
Jul 13, 2010 2:24am PDT
AmyArchbell

Hi AmyArchbell,

I’m not sure how an entire book could be lost because BookSmart does not support the combining of book pages from other projects. It sounds like something else may be going on with your book project and I recommend contacting Customer Support for more help on this.

I’ll also be locking this thread as it’s nearly two years but please do let us know if you continue to have trouble.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 13, 2010 8:14am PDT
csm Icon_staff