BookSmart

booksmart keeps closing down

I open booksmart, open my book and then it closes down, this is really frustrating as i cannot get started

patti mou

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pattimou
Aug 16, 2008 1:58am PDT
pattimou

Patti,

if you haven’t already you should raise this isse with Blurb staff directly.

Go to Search FAQs and you will see a heading of EMAIL SUPPORT on the RHS, under that you will see Technical Suppport. Their customer support is pretty good.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 16, 2008 2:38am PDT
tfrankland

Any resolution to this issue?  I worked for hours today and am now having the same problem.  Ready to SCREAM!

Z

Posted by
tizherself
Aug 23, 2008 6:14pm PDT
tizherself

I’VE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ON WINDOWS XP HOME. THIS IS HOW I’VE GOTTEN AROUND THE PROBLEM.

1.  I FREQUENTLY ‘EXPORT’ MY WORK TO A SEPARATE FILE. YOU HAVE TO EXPORT IT AS IT DOESN’T WORK BY JUST MAKING A COPY OF IT.

2.. WHEN I OPEN BOOKSMART, SOMETIMES IT STARTS TO LOAD MY MOST RECENT WORK AND THEN CRASHES,

3.   I REOPEN BOOKSMART AND I CHOOSE TO START A NEW BOOK FROM SCRTCH. I RECHOOSE MY BOOK’S SIZE AND GO DIRECTLY TO START ON MY OWN. THIS GIVES ME A BLANK SLATE TO START OVER AGAIN.

4. I THEN IMPORT THE LATEST BACKUP I MADE AND IT HAS ALWAYS RELAODED OKAS I’M WORKING I FREQUENTLY BACK UP MY WORK UNDER A NEW NAME (I USUALLY APPEND THE DATE AND TIME TO THE TITLE).

GOOD LUCK.

JAYCEE 

Posted by
CHASEPLACE
Aug 24, 2008 4:41pm PDT
CHASEPLACE