BookSmart

Adjusting left and right margins

I am just about to finish what I hope will be the final draft of my first book, a book of poetry.

For nearly all the pages (all except the first few anyway), I am using the one column, text-only template, putting one poem on each page. I have all the poems in the book now and am rearranging them into the order I want. Viewing the book in facing page mode, I drag the mini pages in the bar at the bottom, rearranging them until they are in the order I want.

While I was doing this, I noticed that some of the left and right margins differ. On some pages, the left margin is narrower and the right margin is wider and on other pages, vice versa. I would except this, if the wider margins were to the interior of the book (to allow for more space for the binding). However, this is not always the case. As near as I can tell, BookSmart may not be readjusting the margins after I rearrange the pages. Is there any way I can adjust the margins myself, so that the wider margin is always on the inside of the page? Otherwise, many of the margins will look misaligned.

Thanks,

Brian

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
OakDragon
Aug 17, 2008 9:30pm PDT
OakDragon

Hi Brian;

Regrettably there is no way (currently) to manually adjust the margins (or anything else) in the BookSmart templates. They are fixed. There are no "free-flow" designs available right now…

I can’t comment of the apparent mis-alignment; I haven’t used those page layouts, but I have seen other commentary about the appearance of differing margins…

I would suggest you file a Support request with Blurb. They may have a useful tip for you…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 18, 2008 12:41am PDT
lkb-28

Thanks for your help, Lee. I will do that.

Posted by
OakDragon
Aug 18, 2008 9:06am PDT
OakDragon