BookSmart

Changing a published book to a different format

I have published an 11 X 13 photographic book, but would also like to have a smaller, soft cover version of the same book. How do I go about doing that, without having to start all over again?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
keithbroad
Sep 3, 2008 4:26pm PDT
keithbroad

Sorry, but you’ll need to start over.

Each of the book sizes have pages that are a different aspect ratio and a different set of page layouts to suit their aspect ratio so an automatic converter wouldn’t be able to do a very good job.

The only help BookSmart can give you is the option, under the file menu, to start a New Book With This Photo Library.

...........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 3, 2008 11:23pm PDT
tfrankland

Tony,

I did this and can’t seem to find the same layouts to match the previous structure.  How do I find out what template I used for the previous book?

I installed book smart on two differnt computers and the lay out options are different.  (same book smart software 1.9.8).

bob

Posted by
det1rac
Sep 14, 2008 6:22pm PDT
det1rac

I figured out to opent the .book file in notepad and saw the XML file indicate nbw starter="Portfolio" but after I open a new book with existing photos and select Portfolio and the same darkroom format, I still don’t have the same selection of layouts.  What gives?

Posted by
det1rac
Sep 14, 2008 7:20pm PDT
det1rac

Because of the different page sizes and differerent aspect ratios there are not the same layouts in each of the options. So you are not likely to be able to do an exact copy at a different size..

Sorry.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 14, 2008 11:36pm PDT
tfrankland