BookSmart

Gray background in page layout

It might seem a silly question, but what does the gray background in page layout mean? I know that is where an image is suppose to go, but, for example in applying page layouts in the “Introduction” in options 5 and 6, there is a different option I need, that is a white background and a title. Option 6 has the white background but does not give the alternative of having a title. Option 5 is what I need but it has a gray background that I suppose is telling me an image goes there. What if I do not add an image? Will it take the color background I have been using in other pages or will it take a white background?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
myva
Sep 14, 2008 3:47pm PDT
myva

The grey container box is showing you the space that is available for an image.  If you don’t use an image in that container, whatever the background color is what will show through.  If you don’t want it to be the same as the other pages, you can change the background color for the one individual page as well.  The best thing to do is to look at the PREVIEW – that’s where you’ll be able to see what the page will actually look like.

Hope that helps,

Regi

Posted by
rbgool
Sep 14, 2008 4:29pm PDT
rbgool