BookSmart

Copy and Paste Trouble

Is anyone else having trouble with the copy and paste function? I have the Blurb version 1.9.8 and whenever I cut and paste or copy and paste text the Blurb program suddenly closes down.

This is extremely frustrating as I can’t move text anywhere.

Can anyone help please?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
louisem411
Sep 19, 2008 12:38pm PDT
louisem411

Yes! This was happening to me, and it’s at the point now where I can’t even open the book at all. I’ve emailed tech support, but have not yet heard back.

Posted by
BedHist
Sep 19, 2008 1:25pm PDT
BedHist

Cut and pasting right now is a real problem.  I would avoid it.  I have no experience cutting and pasting within 1.9.8, but I did cut and past from an older version of BookSmart into 1.9.8 with disasterous results.  The program crashed within 2-3 seconds of opening and I had to start over from scratch.

Until this gets fixed in the software, my experience says don’t cut and paste.

Posted by
deanej
Sep 19, 2008 2:40pm PDT
deanej

I am having trouble with copy and paste too in the latest version of Booksmart (1.9.9)

I watched the “Tips and Tricks” video and it shows how to easily copy and paste the same 2 page blank layout over and over again. The left side has a text box and the right just has a picture layout.

I cannot get it to work at all like the video shows. The picture layout will jump to the left side or vice versa, or something else goofy.. With much frustrating clicking and dragging I am able to finally get the blank layouts in the correct order, but not at all with the ease that the video shows.

I am wondering what is it that I am not getting?

Posted by
barst
Mar 18, 2009 2:10pm PDT
barst

I’ve got the same problem. But as far as I can tell the only other way is to type in the whole thing which would take forever! Because once you have started the book you can’t select word documents and import, can you?

And you can’t import the cover either. And it really took me ages to get it right. 

This is really frustrating. 

Posted by
Spursbabe
Mar 30, 2009 4:16am PDT
Spursbabe