BookSmart

Clipped text warnings.

Did Blurb reduce the size of text and header boxes in the latest version.  Tech support suggested I install V1.9 due to an error in the previous version that trashed my book. I just did the install and now have clipped text warnings on every page that has any text (in both headings and the body of each page). It looks like I will have to reduce font sizes in headings,  rewrite all my pages to reduce the  number of words, remove text, etc….  Not too user friendly especially when I had completed the book except for minor grammerical errors (missing commas, periods, etc.) .  Any chance that this will be fixed ? And soon?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Shoberg
Sep 23, 2008 6:28am PDT
Shoberg

I uploaded the latest version of Booksmart and it ruined my books. I have no way of editing my books now without completely redoing them.The new version cut of text, deleted backgrounds. It’s been a total nightmare and at the very least all I needed originally was one text page changed on the last page.I’ve asked Blurb staff to do this since my book was ruined by by Booksmart and they say they can’t edit text.Now I’m forced to reprint the uploaded version as is or redo all my books. Any help here Blurb?

Posted by
teresamallen
Sep 23, 2008 8:43am PDT
teresamallen

I needed to change one character, a 2 to a 1. Now I have to redo my entire book. This whole change sucks. You would think the old version could be made available again to help those of us with such problems. I face hours of work now instead of a few seconds because Blurb will not let me have a copy of the previous software.

There’s something just not right about that.

Posted by
stanmckinney
Sep 23, 2008 3:55pm PDT
stanmckinney