BookSmart

Project Location?

Where are my projects located on OS X? I found a "BookSmartData" folder, but I can’t open, or import and of the .book files.

I just created a new project but it does not show up in that folder. So there must be another area?

Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Streetwise
Nov 1, 2008 8:40am PDT
Streetwise

Hi Streetwise;

I run Windoze, but I’m sure the principle is the same…

You can only open, create and/or import .book projects from within BookSmart itself. There are no auto open functions associated with .book files (that I have been able to establish anyway…)

Unless you have opted for a different library location outside of the default, then all projects and files should be under the "BookSmartData" folder…

Regrettably it appears that you can’t check the location from within BookSmart (somewhat short-sighted!). If you open Edit, Change Library Location… all BookSmart does is to let you surf to a new location… For the tech boys at Blurb, I think that pop-up window should start at the default (or opted) location, so a user knows where they’re starting from !!!!

Anyhow, that really doesn’t help you too much…

If you’re still struggling, I suggest you contact Blurb Tech Support here... (They don’t work over the week-end – normally…)

Good luck;

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Nov 1, 2008 9:11am PDT
lkb-28