BookSmart

Locked BookSmark won't quit in OS X

Am I alone in finding BookSmart won’t quit in Macintosh OS 10.5.5? I have to Force Quit it every time.

Posted by
P-H-C
Nov 8, 2008 8:31am PDT
P-H-C

I’ve had no trouble with 10.5.5 (MacBook Pro with 4 GB).

Posted by
docseaweed
Nov 8, 2008 9:09am PDT
docseaweed

No trouble with 10.5.5 (first generation MacBook Pro with 2 GB)

Posted by
Michal
Nov 8, 2008 9:20am PDT
Michal

I’ve had difficulty quitting after running many other aps at the same time, especially PhotoShop. If I close out of PhotoShop first and BookSmart last, I’ve never had to do a force quit.

Posted by
Fabini
Nov 8, 2008 9:36am PDT
Fabini

Interesting Fabini… I always have a stack of other apps open. Maybe that’s the problem. However, I’m not going to quit everything before I quit BookSmart! I’ll just continue Force Quitting. It’s not a good sign for the software though.

Posted by
P-H-C
Nov 10, 2008 5:41am PDT
P-H-C

Force quitting is harsh and should be considered the last resort. It leaves a ton of loose ends, and possible conflicts. Launch Disk Utility, Disk Aid, Repair Disk Permissions. If that doesn’t help, try the free version of Cocktail, and clean things up by running Pilot. If none of that helps, delete and reinstall BookSmart. I give up if that doesn’t get you on track.

Posted by
Michal
Nov 10, 2008 2:15pm PDT
Michal

I’m also starting BookSmart in OS X.5.8 having just upgraded, and had to Force-Quit from the prior version and now this version won’t quit. I have several other applications open, but not Photoshop.

Posted by
nfrishberg
Nov 26, 2010 7:37pm PDT
nfrishberg

Nancy,

In case if you didn’t notice the dates of this particular forum discussion is quite aged, I would think you should contact tech support at Blurb by submitting contact form

Go from here:
http://blurb.custhelp.com/app/ask/sno/0
You may want to select “BookSmart Software” then select “Performance Issues” or “Other”, be sure to put in version number of BookSmart and your Mac OSX version, and the EXACT type of computer and how many rams and all that. Because Tech Support will need these info.

To submit your contact form, be sure to enter “Continue” at least twice and you should be getting an email message with incident number. But be sure to entire “continue” at least twice. It is a little confusion for other Blurbarians not able to submit the contact form as reported by other Blurbarians over here on forum.

Hope this helps.
Brian | Passionately Blurbarian

Posted by
brianbonitz
Nov 27, 2010 8:54pm PDT
brianbonitz