BookSmart

Completed book in hardcover format but really wanted softcover copies as well...

I’m sure I clicked on the large format option hardcover for my book I just completed (and ordered). I really wanted softcover as an option (my bad). Is there anyway I can get the photos which I have saved for my now finished hardcover version and transfer them over to my now in progress softcover version?

Thanks,

Rich

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
RichCapeCod
Nov 17, 2008 3:31pm PDT
RichCapeCod

The cover is an order "option". You can order the same book in any of the 3 cover options and with regular or premium paper. Six options, same book.

Len

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 17, 2008 3:41pm PDT
lcarreira

Len:

I’m afraid I ordered the book in the only version that comes solely in hard cover! What about the possibility of my transfering or sharing my photos from the version I have now completed to my new "softcover" one?

Rich

Posted by
RichCapeCod
Nov 17, 2008 4:01pm PDT
RichCapeCod

Mark from Blurb answered my question. He told me to go into Book Smart, click on ‘File’ then ‘New Book with this Photo Library’.

That put all my images into my "new" book project. Saved me lots of work.

Thanks all,

Rich

Posted by
RichCapeCod
Nov 17, 2008 4:18pm PDT
RichCapeCod

Rich,

Sorry. I didn’t catch the size of your book. Nevertheless. I wish Blurb did do a "soft" cover for the large size book. This would be a more cost effective way to get a "first proof’. But I do agree that most people would not be satisfied with the soft cover version if it’s the same as the standard size book The curl would be pretty bad. Glad Mark gave you a way around your problem.

Len

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 17, 2008 5:44pm PDT
lcarreira