BookSmart

Host is down

Hi people,
I’m trying to upload my book but as I try to sign in appears a message “Hmmmm, we’re having a problem uploading your book” “Host is down”

Anyone knows why and how to fix it?

Many thanks

Luca

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
777LDF
Nov 19, 2008 4:30pm PDT
777LDF

Howdy,

Our upload servers appear to be working fine. This was either a one-time error, or an issue between your ISP and our servers. If repeated upload attempts fail to produce a different result, you’ll want to try uploading from another location. 

Unless you are on a laptop, you will want to move your book files to another computer.
1) Open your book in BookSmart and select "Backup/Export" from the file menu. Save the exported file to a portable storage medium.
2) If you have used any fonts in your book that aren’t installed on the second computer, please copy the files of those typefaces and save those to your storage drive, as well. On PCs, your font files are found under Control Panel>Fonts; on Mac OS, the typefaces are stored in your FontBook application.
3) Take your storage medium to the second computer, and, before opening BookSmart, copy over any fonts you brought over and install them. Next, if you don’t yet have BookSmart on this second computer, please download the program from Blurb.com and install it.
4) Open BookSmart on computer B and select "Import" from the file menu. Navigate to your .book file and choose it. It should import and you should then be able to upload from this other internet connection.

If you experience any trouble transferring your project to your second computer, please see the following video:
http://www.blurb.com/help/video/export_book

If your upload fails at the new location, please contact Customer Support and they will help you out.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Nov 19, 2008 4:58pm PDT
jbates

Thanks Jeremy
I’ll try tomorrow from another location.
All the stuff is on a laptop, so much easier!

Thanks again, I’ll let you know
Cheers
Luca

Posted by
777LDF
Nov 19, 2008 5:21pm PDT
777LDF