BookSmart

Clipped or not Clipped????

My layout shows the text is clipped but when I print it out as a PDF, it is fine.

Should I ignore this warning or will it look diferent in the final form that gets rendered at Blurb?

Best,

T

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
timrock
Nov 30, 2008 6:49pm PDT
timrock

There is a known problem with that text clipped message sometimes popping up when there is no problem. The best way to check if the page will print OK is to go into Preview Book, the button at the bottom right of the BookSmart window. If it looks OK in the preview it should print OK.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 1, 2008 2:56am PDT
tfrankland

Hiya,

I was about to post the same question. My book is showing clipped text on the full bleed cover, yet text is within the designated window and looks fine in preview.

As it’s the cover – wanted to double check! Does this sound as though I should ignore the warning?

Thanks,

Jane.

Posted by
_Jane
Dec 1, 2008 6:13pm PDT
_Jane

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the input.

I need to get a "it WILL print OK" out of someone.

Anyone from tech support there or has anyone actually gotten a copy back that came out OK?

I have a 200 page book so I don’t want to make an expensive mistake.

I have another book that is also having the cover issue. I seem to think its reacting to a flowing font and it does look fine in preview as well.

Anyone from tech support to give us solid confirmation? 

Tim

Posted by
timrock
Dec 1, 2008 10:33pm PDT
timrock

Tim, I’m newbie non-expert, but in BSm .9.9  text it seemed to me that sometimes "redundant hidden codes" get "in front" of the text. If on the last line of a text box which does not overflow, the warning comes up for no apparent reaon, try your cursor right at the end of your text and press delete (maybe multiple) to see if that removes the warning without loss. ?

P

Posted by
peteshep
Dec 1, 2008 11:42pm PDT
peteshep

Tim,

two of my books have pages where I get that erroneous clipped text warning. They both printed fine. But I cannot guarantee that yours will. That’s not in my power. But I do believe it will print OK.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 2, 2008 1:53am PDT
tfrankland

For the bottom line on clipped text warnings, click here (links to another forum post).

Posted by
jbates
Dec 2, 2008 11:51am PDT
jbates

Hi Guys,

The Bates answer above was the one I was looking for. Thank you.

I have done a number of books and know the cursor trick, which is usually effective.

Aside from the cover, which seems to be a common theme, I seem to get them only on text pages where text is being linked from one box to another so it could just be a space or return.

Will run the book through today and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Tim

Posted by
timrock
Dec 2, 2008 4:31pm PDT
timrock

If the folks at Blurb would consider giving us the option to see our spaces and paragraph marks (as you can in MS Word and other programs) that would go a long way in dealing with this matter.

Just a thought.

Rich

Posted by
RichCapeCod
Dec 2, 2008 5:01pm PDT
RichCapeCod

Well Ive gone for it too Tim, so fingers crossed!

Jane

Posted by
_Jane
Dec 2, 2008 5:29pm PDT
_Jane