BookSmart

Book search - Just published - User and book not found.

I just uploaded my book on Blurb and made it public.

I cannot find by doing a search. I tried by title, author, id, tags… I’ve also checked out the ‘just published’ section but no results.

I am able to acess my book via a Blurb badge or with the direct book page link but cannot seem to find it by doing a search.

Are book being reviewed before being featured in the ‘search’ and ‘just published’?

If not, what can I do so that people can find my book by typing in the title, the tags or my Blurb id?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sophieadd
Dec 15, 2008 10:32pm PDT
sophieadd

I thought I read somewhere in the forums that a copy of the book has to be purchased (by you or someone else) before it will show in the bookstore.  I could be wrong – I haven’t made any of my books public.  Hopefully someone else will be able to give you amore difinitive answer.

Regi

Posted by
rbgool
Dec 16, 2008 8:25pm PDT
rbgool

Well, for Sophieadd I see "It’s a Beautiful World" and the Preview shows (with usual uploading delay).

Superb photographic selection.

Excellent layout.

For ms.

Is that the unnammed book?

P

Posted by
peteshep
Dec 16, 2008 10:43pm PDT
peteshep

I guess you’re right. It needed to be purchased in order to show up in search.

Thanks Regi & P!

Posted by
sophieadd
Dec 17, 2008 10:24am PDT
sophieadd

I’m having the same problem. I uploaded a book, bought a copy, and made it public, but it doesn’t show up under "Just Published" or searching for the title, author, ANY of the many keywords I used to describe it, or any other method I could think of. The only way it shows up is if you browse to it through a direct link. Is there a hold time between the book being made public and when it shows up via any other means than directly linking to it? Doesn’t make any sense.

Posted by
theideacan
Jul 12, 2009 2:31am PDT
theideacan

I bought mine and waited to get it before making it public, which I just did earlier tonight, but it doesn’t show up!

Posted by
Toni
Jul 14, 2009 10:21pm PDT
Toni

it’s just the same with me … (upload, bought one, had a look on it before publishing, made it public, but no chance to find it in the bookstore)

no solution to our problem?

Posted by
urstig
Jul 15, 2009 12:20am PDT
urstig

Hi urstig and everyone else,

Additions or changes to the Blurb Bookstore may not appear immediately. All the searchable information in our site, including our bookstore, is indexed by a third party. This means that changes may not be applied until the next time our site is "crawled" and the index refreshed. At that point the information/index will be updated. Your book should still be searchable by the full title. I quickly found it myself that way.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jul 16, 2009 9:52am PDT
kathybad

thanks for your answer. i’m happy that you found my book.

but nevertheless the search-engine seems to be a bit strange. looking for the full name of the book works fine, but using only a part of my name as the author gives me only one other recently uploaded book. and it’s just the same with using tags. but perhaps there’s a misunderstanding in how to search from my point of view …

perhaps i’ll find it out soon

Posted by
urstig
Jul 17, 2009 12:48am PDT
urstig