BookSmart

Indenting problems!

Can someone please help me?I do not mind manually indenting the first line of my paragraphs if that is the only way I can go. However I do have a problem with this method. I first of all justify my paragraph then indent the first line of the paragraph, the problem is the text moves outside of the print area so it looks as if the top line is longer than the rest of the paragraph or there is text missing. Does this make sense?  I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!Malcolm

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
stormwolf2
Feb 3, 2009 11:59pm PDT
stormwolf2

Malcom – Indents, outdents, lists, columns, & formatting combinations are too nuanced for this program. Truly. Your problems have happened to others, commented on here, and not resolved. Sad really.

Posted by
Fabini
Feb 6, 2009 3:41pm PDT
Fabini

It gave me loads of problems too . my manuscript has a lot of dialogue and the occasional lapse into verse. Getting it right took a week- but it looks good now. 

Posted by
Jakbrien
Feb 6, 2009 4:16pm PDT
Jakbrien

Jak,

Any particular hints as to how you did it? I have loads of dialogue in my book, too.

Are you at Liverpool University?

Val

Posted by
Wolawol
Feb 11, 2009 7:17am PDT
Wolawol

See discussion under "5×8 B&W text book" topic.. A software fix aimed for mid-year is in the works.  There is a new questionnaire on the site asking for people’s  text management function preferences.  

Posted by
banfield
Feb 13, 2009 8:32am PDT
banfield

Are these people idiots or what? They supposedly revamp this software and leave out a very crucial, simple but crucial step which is the ability to INDENT the 1st line of a paragrah without indenting the whoile paragraph?

Posted by
cosmos10
Jul 16, 2009 6:11am PDT
cosmos10

I, too, am really, really puzzled as to why we cannot indent a first line. Come on, Blurb! This can’t be that hard – and people obviously want it. (Yes, we can hit Tab, but it “indents” way too far!)

Posted by
SagaWriter
Sep 12, 2011 10:37am PDT
SagaWriter