BookSmart

Locked I'm afraid of the new Booksmart version!

I am almost through my writing, my editing, my photo inserting, my fighting with the gremlins in the software, etc. I would like to see what the new Booksmart version can help me with. But I’m afraid. I can not save my book in Word or anything other than a Booksmart suffix back-up onto a disc. But I do not know if I really saved it because I can not open it other than in Booksmart. That is really dangerous. I will not download the new version. It’s too risky.

Posted by
RodMurphy
Feb 7, 2009 3:47pm PDT
RodMurphy

Save a copy of your present BookSmart application. Follow these instructions:
http://blurb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/blurb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=141
If that fails, trash the upgraded BookSmart application, reinstall old one you saved, then repeat the instructions contained the link above.

Posted by
Michal
Feb 7, 2009 4:13pm PDT
Michal

Rod, I’m not expert, and assuming you’re currently on the earlier 1.9.9, my opinion:

Except for those who slurp, I found very little new in the patched version. If I was nearly finished on a book, I’d check it thoroughly, upload and order, with your current version. Do a Backup as Michal rightly advises. And only then upgrade your version of BookSmart.  :-)

P

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 7, 2009 4:48pm PDT
peteshep

I will do as Peteshep advises. Thanks to both responders.

Posted by
RodMurphy
Feb 9, 2009 3:53am PDT
RodMurphy

What are specifications of a 5" x 8" book regarding margins, footers, headers, etc.?

Posted by
RodMurphy
Apr 8, 2009 7:03am PDT
RodMurphy