BookSmart

BookSmart is, quite possibly, the most productive application I have on my computer.

I have used BookSmart to lay out two books so far: one was small, about 20 pages, but the other was close to 120 pages. Both projects went very well.

I don’t have the fastest computer in the world, and I recognize that BookSmart is written in Java, so I don’t expect it to be quite as snappy as other applications. But it is free and it is good enough for me.

I am incredibly thankful to the developers for the time and work they have contributed to make such a useful application. Aside from Microsoft Word, BookSmart is probably the only other application I have used to actually produce something tangible; and, unlike Microsoft Word, the things I can make are beautiful and worth sharing.

Thank you, developers, for all the work you do.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
subtle
Mar 12, 2009 11:54am PDT
subtle

Very well put!  I would like to add my voice of thanks to the developers, and the entire Blurb team.  Until I found Blurb, I never had any ideas on publishing a book.  Since I found Blurb a year ago…seven books….and two more in progress!

Thank you Blurb!!

Also, many thanks to the various contributers in the Forums.  Without you freely sharing your knowledge and experiences, I don’t think my books would have turned out as well as they did.

Thank you All!!!

Posted by
rbgool
Mar 12, 2009 6:28pm PDT
rbgool

And thanks from me!

I’ve 5 books planned for this year, including a large landscape of British Seabirds (an excuse to spend all my free time touring the coast instead of decorating or gardening!) and I have absolutely no hesitation or any apprehension of using Blurb and BookSmart for these. I have been extremely pleased with the set of books I did last year.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 13, 2009 1:21am PDT
tfrankland