BookSmart

HELP!- I can't open previously published book to make minor change--what's Wrong?

Hi—can anyone tell me how to open my ‘published book’ (Einstein’s Mind) so I may make a few minor corrections/changes? – it seems that when I downloaded the new software, the application does not include my finished books.
All that shows is NON published books. Thanks for any assistance.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
eyes4hire
Mar 13, 2009 3:09pm PDT
eyes4hire

I have the same question.  BUT HOW ??? 

Posted by
Jancy
Apr 28, 2009 1:18pm PDT
Jancy

At the top of this forum’s topics is a locked thread titled "If a technical prob. prevents you from working on your book, PLEASE READ". Have you tried the suggestions in that?

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 28, 2009 2:40pm PDT
tfrankland

Hi, am just about to start on my portfolio, which, after publishing, I’d like to be able to add projects to/edit in future, and then re-publish. However, do I understand correctly that this is not possible, unless I start on a new (using same template) book, doing already done work all over again? Would appreciate if someone could help, before I start to use. Thanks.

Posted by
Duntan
May 12, 2009 4:01am PDT
Duntan

Duntan-
If you don’t delete the book on your computer than you can keep adding to it and publish it again and again and again. You cannot edit the version of your book on the Blurb server only the version on your computer. Each time you re-publish (upload to Blurb) it will be it’s own version in the bookstore and you’ll need to order a new copy to keep it on the server. Think of it this way: once a book is uploaded to Blurb it is locked off. It can’t be changed. But since you work on your own computer locally you can make any changes you like and then upload again. At that point it is a new book. If you do this you should delete or rename your first version to avoid confusion.

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 12, 2009 11:14am PDT
CasaDeWoof

Hi Amelia, thank’s alot for you answer! You have cleared up the confusion. Wish me good luck with my first book (albeit only a personal portfolio, but nevertheless..!)

Duntan

Posted by
Duntan
May 12, 2009 11:33am PDT
Duntan

Happy to help, Duntan.
Good luck. Just be aware that bookmaking is addictive!

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
May 13, 2009 5:59am PDT
CasaDeWoof

The BIG problem with resubmitting a book with corrections is that any and all previous promotion made on the book is LOST. Anyone we contacted and sent the link about our book will NOT be able to connect directly to the book again. That’s a big drawback. We would need to duplicate the effort and resend the link again to all our previous contacts. Doing that could also be counterproductive as they could feel we’re bugging them. Blurb SHOULD ALLOW resending the book with corrections and replacing the old file. I’m seriously considering taking my book with another printer. My book has 53,000 words and getting them all right will likely require several attempts.

Posted by
dplacers
May 14, 2009 7:18pm PDT
dplacers