BookSmart

Crashing

I know this has been a problem for awhilw-I’ve seen forums mentioning it. However, most are dted in Jan. & this is almost May. I’ve crashed several times while trying to edit text. I’ve gotten the error msg asking for a report which I have sent in each time. No response from anyone at Blurb & it keeps happening. Now the same thing is happening when I’m trying to move or adjust photo. I’m still sending the report but doesn’t seem to make a difference.  It’s the same problem I’ve had intermitenly w/Windows. They shut down, ask for a report to be sent, never respond, never indicate the problem has been solved.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
loricherokee
Apr 30, 2009 12:47pm PDT
loricherokee

Hey there,

Sorry for any confusion; filling out a crash report isn’t the same as contacting Customer Support. The reason is that software can sometimes fall down, yet re-open just fine. This scenario is more common than a work-stopping crash.

As you note, submitting feedback about a Windows crash also doesn’t result in getting help. Filling out a Windows crash report isn’t the same as contacting Microsoft for assistance; those auto-forms are for a software maker’s long-term research and improvement, not for requesting 1-on-1 assistance.

If you’re experiencing a work-stopping crash, please see the locked sticky post at the top of this forum.

Thank you for hanging in there,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 30, 2009 1:20pm PDT
jbates

I have similar problem too. I downloaded the booksmart software yesterday, installed, ran it, but when I click on get photo from my computer, the boooksmart just disappeared without any warning message or crash message. I’ve looked at the task manager and don’t see the booksmart.exe at all. I have tried a couple time and no luck to get it doing anything.

Windows XP -32bit w/ service pack 3

HP Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7300, 2 GHz w/ 2 GB Ram

Posted by
tmdkelly
May 1, 2009 7:16am PDT
tmdkelly

I am having crashing issues too with the new downloaded software (yesterday). Can’t figure out when it crashes, possibly when trying to edit a page. I could use some help!

Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz

Posted by
djcarter1201
May 2, 2009 7:13pm PDT
djcarter1201

Similar. Intel OS x 10.4.11 3gb RAM 2.4 ghz processor.

Posted by
colinturner
May 5, 2009 3:33am PDT
colinturner

I am SO frustrated and not using this program any more!  I spend HOURS working on a wedding book for my husband’s family and the name in which I saved the book "mother’s day small book" is what automatically saved on the cover!!!!!!!!!!   NOTHING will remove it!  every time I try to click in the text box, the whole program crashes!!!!!!!!  I emailed blurb help and they replied that there may be a problem font downloaded and I need to remove it….which means they definitely know about this problem!  HOW FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!  shame on you BLURB  and GOODBYE

Posted by
lkilleen518
May 5, 2009 10:45am PDT
lkilleen518