BookSmart

"Checking Books Directory"

I’ve installed Booksmart on two PCs running Vista Home Premium. Both are dual core with at leats 2gB memory. With each install, the programme seems to freeze when it reaches the "Checking Books Directory" splash screen. I’ve tried re-installing the software and deleting everything, cleaning the registry etc. Task manager has nearly 100mB of memory being used, with the description "Booksmart 1.9.9 1.9.9 27696". I have requested help twice with no response.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
cearl
May 4, 2009 2:33pm PDT
cearl

Hello cearl;

How are you requesting help? Blurb tech Support only respond to mails filed using the contact form found here…

In my experience, they are VERY good at responding – but do ask for one business day to do so… even then, the response is normally much quicker. I don’t know where you’re located but Blurb are on the West Coast USA, so that may be a factor!

Try again…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
May 5, 2009 1:16am PDT
lkb-28

Howdy!

So that we’re not limited by Pacific Standard Time (PST) business hours, we’ve also established offices in Amsterdam and London. Therefore, if you don’t live in the US, there’s no longer a need to adjust your hours when contacting Blurb :-)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
May 5, 2009 9:27am PDT
jbates

Thanks for the replies. I actually found a reply from a week or so ago which had found its way into the Spam folder…

"Thank you for writing to Blurb. The following steps should solve this problem.

1) In your user directory (usually found under C:\users\"your user name here") please make sure the following two folders exist with these names.

Pictures

Documents

If you are missing one or both of those folders, please create them.

2) Now, inside the Documents folder, please create a new folder called "BookSmartData"

3) Return to your home user folder, and look for for a ".blurb" folder. Please delete this folder if you have one.

4) Open BookSmart and create a new book. Please skip any image selection options until your project is fully open (please ignore any photo-adding steps in the New Book Wizard process; don’t worry, you can still add images to your project later).

You should then be able to run BookSmart properly. If not, please let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by
cearl
May 6, 2009 1:40am PDT
cearl