BookSmart

Locked Mac and BookSmart

Has anyone used BookSmart on a Mac and not had problems?

Posted by
arthawaii
May 22, 2009 2:36pm PDT
arthawaii

Problems galore. The clue is that the software is “beta”. I sure hope I don’t have to resort to doing this whole project on a windoze machine.

Posted by
jonestudio
May 24, 2009 1:56pm PDT
jonestudio

What kind of problems please? I have a major project ready to print, so I’ve gotten through the production part of things with lots of issues non-MAC related (color correction mostly). What do I need to know?

Posted by
kdaiber
May 24, 2009 5:16pm PDT
kdaiber

I have not even been able to open Booksmart, after downloading. It starts up for a split second an then crashes. Support gave me a special link to download, still have the problem. It seems this application is loaded with bugs that should have been fixed before all the PR of a new program.

Posted by
arthawaii
May 24, 2009 11:02pm PDT
arthawaii

Knock on wood, I must tell you that I have not experienced the type of problem that you are having. I’m on OS 10.5.6 and the BookSmart app has seemed robust to me. I’ve just published a 130+ page book and have yet to see the printed results, which of course is what really matters, and of course there are things that could be improved upon, but I have encountered no bugs per se, and I downloaded Booksmart right from the website with no special link required.

Posted by
kdaiber
May 26, 2009 5:26pm PDT
kdaiber

I now use the simple system "Bookfiy".

Posted by
arthawaii
Sep 4, 2011 10:29am PDT
arthawaii

I was ultimately making my books on Apple Aperture, exporting the pages and importing on Bookfy, but even bookfy have glitches, the worst: A BW page that is side-by-side of a color oage get contamined with color, showing a tint of predominant color of the color side… Because of this, i was planning return to BookSmart, only to insert the alredy-baked pages to upload to Blurb, but i can´t use it, i made a clean OSX Lion 10.7.1 install on my 2011 21,5 iMac Corei5 Quad, clean user setup too but a fresh Booksmart install don´t work, i only get a error like this (http://lockerz.com/s/132236671 – But in plain english) and a no go… No log, no crash details, nothing, only a crap software that don´t work…

Posted by
4him
Sep 14, 2011 11:27am PDT
4him

Hi 4him,

You are violating our forums guidelines by posting the same messages in multiple threads. If tthis continues I will disable your account.

I am going to lock this thread as it’s over 2 years old. If anyone needs technical help please contact support.

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Sep 14, 2011 1:26pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff