BookSmart

Locked BOOKSMART KEEPS CRASHING

Hi there, I am running on MAC OSX 10.4.10

I just downloaded booksmart today after trying it a few weeks ago, dragged, dropped into applications, but it keeps on "unexpectedly  quitting" every time it is opened, hence I havent even been able to start…

Is this a common issue?

is there the possibility of it being resolved?

Thank you!

Posted by
samanthawest
Sep 25, 2007 1:16am PDT
samanthawest

Yes its a common issue, that and many others with this version of Booksmart. Blurb has been making promises that a more stable version which addresses many of the concerns in these forums will be released in September. However here it is the 25th with 5 days to go and not a word…..or a blurb even!

Posted by
tothomas69
Sep 25, 2007 6:02am PDT
tothomas69

I have had no problems with my version of MAC OSX!

Posted by
Medellin
Sep 27, 2007 9:32pm PDT
Medellin

I have no problem with the app whatsoever on Mac (both G4 and Intel-based Dual processor).

Delete the whole app off the Application and re-install all over again. I am not sure what do you meant by “dragging” the app. BE more specific. Did you try to double click to start it, no?

Do you have enough memory of RAM to run it? Plenty of hard drive space?

Hope that helps, no?

Posted by
brianbonitz
Sep 28, 2007 4:34am PDT
brianbonitz

I realized to fail to mention this just now. Have you tried this venue as yet, by contacting Blurb Technical Support team about the nature of your problem, no?

To do this, go from here:
http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

Be very specific to put appropriate information when you enter info around Tech Support contact form. It is important that you need to be specific as to what led app to crash or not running for that matter. So that Tech Support be able to “reproduce” the problem you are having with. If any, be sure to mention any other application(s) running at the same time. Most importantly of all above, in addition to reporting problem, you are recommended to include all technical information that you are using your computer, OS version, RAM, hard drive space, etc. It is important that you provide essential information.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Sep 28, 2007 4:39am PDT
brianbonitz

I have the same problem on the latest version, the 2.9.5 on a Macbook pro OSX with snow leopard.
It doesn’t open at all, it starts loading and then crashes! I’ve sent an email with the crash report. really strange

Posted by
3l3na888
Jan 10, 2011 5:02am PDT
3l3na888

Hi 3l3na888,

I’m sorry to hear about this. Please contact us at customer support for assistance. Filling out the crash report is a good idea because it then goes to our crash database, but we in support won’t know you’re having problems unless you directly contact us.

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it. Should you have a question not answered by the info above please either start a new thread or contact us here at customer support.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support 

Posted by
mikewhy
Jan 10, 2011 8:55am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff