BookSmart

booksmart 2.0 text colour jumps to white all the time.

Is this a bug? I try to use a different colour for my text and after I have typed 1 character, it jumps back to white.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
FragZ
Jun 1, 2009 10:04am PDT
FragZ

Hi FragZ,

We’ve tried but cannot seem to replicate that bug here at Blurb HQ. Please contact Customer Support so we can determine what is going on.

Thanks for your patience. 

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 1, 2009 11:26am PDT
kathybad

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem as FragZ does.  The drop-down box for colors (both background and fonts) appears for the first time I want to use it after opening a Blurb book but any subsequent time I want to use it, the drop-down box shows entirely white, there is no display of any color whatsoever.  Colors are basically unworkable.

I noticed that there is a separate blog about a substantial delay in responsiveness 2.0.0 version has.  I have been experiencing the same problem, a big delay.  I move a cursor and there is no response until even 2 seconds later.  This eliminates any possibility of having one picture spread between two pages and properly aligned.  Even shifting a picture within one page is very troublesome.

I also have been having problems with "grabbing" text (highlighing all text) to be able to change it to a different font. I cannot deal with it and I left it until solutions arrive. 

I also have been experiencing Blurb crashing on me. Despite using Blurb since January 2008, this is the very first time a new version simply crashes.

I opened a ticket with Blurb IT on June 4 and I have been waiting for solutions.  I was informed that the problems may be caused by the fact that I have been working on books in 2.0.0 version, books which I started working on in the prior version.  To test it, I opened a brand new book.  I did not even type a word and I have not downloaded any pictures yet,  but I went to change the background color, I was able to do so for the first time and when I went to change the background color for the second time, the drop-down box appeared totally white and moments later Blurb crashed on me. 

Until the solutions are provided, my Blurb 2.0.0 is not workable.  I am somewhat disappointed that a new version, still with many bugs, was released.  I hope Blurb provides workable solutions shortly.

Best regards, Klare

Posted by
talktoyasoon
Jun 8, 2009 7:17pm PDT
talktoyasoon

talktoyasoon wrote: The drop-down box for colors (both background and fonts) appears for the first time I want to use it after opening a Blurb book but any subsequent time I want to use it, the drop-down box shows entirely white, there is no display of any color whatsoever.

Samme problem here (Windows Vista)...found a way to deal with it…go into ‘Edit Layout’ mode, choose Cancel…try again and it works one time only…just repeat the trick…Blurb 2.0.0…a true beta version.

Ricky

Posted by
rickytarr
Jun 14, 2009 4:03pm PDT
rickytarr

Some of these issues sound consistent with an issue that we’ve recently identified that may occur on some Vista systems. It can cause odd graphical problems and overall performance issues. A workaround has been posted here: http://forums.blurb.com/forums/1/topics/6437

Hope this helps,
Peter

Posted by
sfpeter
Jun 14, 2009 10:18pm PDT
sfpeter

sfpeter wrote: A workaround has been posted

Thank you very much…works perfect now!

Ricky

Posted by
rickytarr
Jun 15, 2009 3:20am PDT
rickytarr

This workaround is easy to do and works great.  Thanks!

Posted by
gstephanos
Jun 24, 2009 11:48am PDT
gstephanos