BookSmart

Does updating in Booksmart affect sales and processing status?

I was fortunate to acheive best seller status for my Book Airsoft Infidels recently but I need to update a section in the book.

My query is..

Will Blurb still be able to process orders currently in progress?

Also will I lose my bestseller status by uploading a new version of the book even though its just correcting some text?

I’m worried orders will be cancelled while I’m deleting and uploading the newer book

P.S How do you delete a book from the Blurb site?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CHACK
Jun 2, 2009 1:13pm PDT
CHACK

I share this concern, as I have updated a book more than a half dozen times over the past couple of years.

I have refined and edited the book, and yes, I’ve had to upload it all over again, generating new URLs, etc.  

It would be nice to have a simple summary page, comparable to the other metrics graphs, so that we can track sales more easily, and if wwe are lucky, also see how our best sellers are actually doing.

Posted by
gregorama
Dec 19, 2009 12:17am PDT
gregorama

You should be able to delete your book from the book summary page, right below where it says you can create a badge for it.

Posted by
gregorama
Dec 19, 2009 12:17am PDT
gregorama

are you selling hundreds of books. i can understand metrics for Dan Brown but….

Posted by
ventdevie
Dec 21, 2009 9:38am PDT
ventdevie

I have not deleted my older versions, just marked them in the subtitle that it is an outdated version and give the URL to the most updated version.

I think by deleting the book, you lose all the metrics.  And by uploading a new copy, it is considered a new book in any case.

Posted by
friend1979
Dec 21, 2009 7:09pm PDT
friend1979

What about a comment? Is there any way to transfer it to a new book that is the same as the book the comment was made about, but with corrections for typos etc.?

Posted by
jshook
Dec 22, 2009 5:59am PDT
jshook