BookSmart

Locked Does the new book smart software (2.0) work for Vista 64?

I saw improved vista support, but nothing about it working for the 64 bit version specifically.

Has anyone had any expriences. 

Its a pain I can’t make my books anymore, because I run a better OS.

Posted by
IMWphoto
Jun 3, 2009 2:02am PDT
IMWphoto

We are using an HP 64bit PC. We are up to 72 pages on a photo cycling book. So far the only problem experienced is that the back up function under "File" hasn’t worked. We have plenty of speed with this 4 gig machine.

Posted by
rdaws
Jun 10, 2009 8:28am PDT
rdaws

I am running BookSmart 2.0 on Windows 7 RC 64 bit and it runs great.  My family Storybook is 200 pages, 380+ images and LOTS of text.  I love the ability to modify the templates and enlarge the text areas.  My PC has 8 gig memory and an Intel Qual processor.

Posted by
cnguinn
Jun 12, 2009 7:13am PDT
cnguinn

Thanks for the feedback, I didn’t want to start a book and have it crash on me mid way.

Posted by
IMWphoto
Jun 14, 2009 8:20am PDT
IMWphoto

rdaws, are you saying that BS 2.0 installs and works on Vista 64-bit ?

Posted by
deoxygen
Jun 15, 2009 8:05pm PDT
deoxygen

BookSmart is a Java application and should run on any Windows plarform that support Java.  From other comments in this forum, it appears to be highly recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of Java.  That appears to solve the sluggish performance.  A 64 bit OS on a machine built for a 64 bit OS (fast processor and lots of memory) should run this software very well.

Posted by
cnguinn
Jun 15, 2009 8:23pm PDT
cnguinn

Booksmart works extremely well on our Vista 64bit machine. With our 22inch monitor books are very easy to work with. RayDaws

Posted by
rdaws
Mar 15, 2010 12:48pm PDT
rdaws

Hi all,

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it. Shoud you have a question not answered by the info above please either start a new thread or contact us here at customer support.

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Mar 16, 2010 8:53am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff