BookSmart

impossible to work with B. 2.0

I am very glad of the new possibilities of Booksmart 2.0,
were those who expected.!!
Unfortunately installed on a PC Intel Core2Duo E6570 2.66 GHz (4GbRam) with Windows Xp SP.2 the program is too slow (uses up the CPU to 60%) and it is impossible to work.
I was forced to reinstall BookSmart 1.9.9.

I opened the same book (already published) open with the version 1.9.9 and easily editable, with the new version 2.0 is impossible to do anything in the program because, obviously completely rewritten, uses the CPU heavily.!
I use JPG files produced by Raw files with Photoshop CS3, all files have an average size of 4 / 5 Mb.
Continue to print books with Blurb but never install the version 2.0
P.s. The personal layout can make with Photoshop.! 

I am very disappointed!!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Skatto
Jun 9, 2009 5:04am PDT
Skatto

Yesterday, I installed booksmart 2.0 and I can’t to work with it too. I use an Imac (2 gb RAM, 2,15 ghz) and a Mac book pro (4gb RAM, 2,66 ghz). I have the same troubles in both of them.

All my pics, resized for the book, are seen very blurry and extremely pixeled in the program. In photoshop they are OK, and they are OK in another photobook programs, too…

Sadly, I have not the previous version, and I don’t know what I’m gonna do now… ‘cause I was looking for 1.9.9 v. but I can’t to find it for mac.

I’m very disappointed too…

Posted by
Holoturia
Jun 9, 2009 8:21am PDT
Holoturia

I am also finding 2.0 too slow.  The times I have tried to use it, my computer has frozen up.  I was getting ready to work on my third book and disappointed

Posted by
meizys
Jun 18, 2009 2:02pm PDT
meizys

Hi all,

Just a reminder, if you’re having technical issues please contact us at customer support so we can assist you.

Best regards,

Michael

Posted by
mikewhy
Jun 23, 2009 2:58pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff