BookSmart

Computer shutdown when ordering book

I recently upgraded to 2.0 version.  This is the first time I’ve used blurb and so far I’m not too impressed.

I have spent two weeks creating my book.  Last night, after previewing my book, I clicked on "order".  The prompt to log-in to blurb popped up.  I logged in and blurb proceeded to downloaded my photos.  Of 450 pictures, it was at about 425 and my entire computer shutdown.  I thought maybe the computer overheated since it had been on all day.  However, I logged on tonight, followed the same steps I did last night.  Again, it was just about finished and the computer shutdown again.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you fix it?  I thought I would ask here first before contacting Customer Support.

Regards,

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Tweedy
Jun 18, 2009 9:51pm PDT
Tweedy

Best if you contact Tech Support at Blurb. Please note to include computer, what kind of system architecture (operating system, and the EXACT version of that OS), type of modem (ISP or DSL cable service or broaband svcs), with or without virus protection at the time of uploading. All that tidbit of information will help Tech Support to give you a better possible resolution or solution.

Hope that helps, Brian {a passionately Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jun 18, 2009 9:59pm PDT
brianbonitz

When you say your computer shut down, do you mean it litteraly turned off, or the upload crashed and stopped.  I assume from your description that the computer physically turned off.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 19, 2009 4:35am PDT
deanej

Yes, my computer shuts off completely.  I have to turn it back on and start the process of ordering from scratch.  I’ve not experienced this problem before.  I have ordered photobooks from other sites having a similar process and not had a problem.

I have heard good things about blurb and thought I would give them a try.  Now, I’m just left frustrated.

Posted by
Tweedy
Jun 19, 2009 11:21am PDT
Tweedy

Okay, I tried for a 3rd time tonight.  After ready many of the threads, I noticed there were several advising to close the firewall.  I did this and it worked.  It took about 3 hours for my 260-page book but it worked!!!

Posted by
Tweedy
Jun 19, 2009 11:04pm PDT
Tweedy