BookSmart

The First Few Pages On Soon To Be Publish Book

I’ve just about completed my work (been working on it for two years) and will publish soon.  My first publication will be cost effective, so I’ve selected the 7×7, 40 page.  The Copy Right page will occupy the first right page, the 2nd left page should be blank, the 3rd right page is the Introduction Page, and the 4th left page will be blank.  The 5th right page should be the Table of Content, the 6th left should be black.  The 7th left page will be the 1st page of the content book, correct?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
gad
Jul 8, 2009 9:04am PDT
gad

Hi gad,

If you review your book in BookSmart’s Preview mode you will see how the pages are laid out. Whatever is shown as page one will be the first printed page inside your book, on the right hand side. Page two will be on the reverse, page three alongside page two, and so on. 

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Jul 8, 2009 3:03pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

If you are asking if your layout is "correct" there is no correct layout really.

My first right page is the title page, first left page is copyright, second right page is table of contents, next two pages are the foreword and introduction then the first content page.  Generally page numbering starts with the first content page – before that lower case numbers i, ii, iii, iv etc are used.

John

Posted by
friend1979
Jul 11, 2009 1:28pm PDT
friend1979