BookSmart

Another glich in text-flow handling -- improper word breaks

Booksmart seems to be splittling words improperly at apostrophes. So, writing about Joe’

s book, when my text flowed to the next line, Booksmart split "Joe’s" at the apostrophe. It is a 

consistent issue throughout the book, so I went through manually to try to catch all of them.

Of course, I had to avoid any other edits that might have shifted the text flow to different break

points, thus creating new ones! Please address this, programming staff.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
1pocket
Jul 26, 2009 6:06am PDT
1pocket

The forums are primarily aimed at users (such as you and I) helping each other, though Blurb staff do pop in and answer sometimes. But for a problem like this you need to report the bug to Blurb directly. Go to the Help menu at the top of this page and choose Customer Support. From there choose Technical Help.

I have also reported this problem.

....Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 26, 2009 6:12am PDT
tfrankland

This has been acknowledged to me as a bug, but I was given no information about, if anything, they plan to do about it. Use the form here:
http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support
to report it so blurb knows that more than one person cares about this.

In the meantime I just rewrite the text to avoind this. Grrr

Posted by
jshook
Jul 26, 2009 7:23am PDT
jshook

May 2011 this just happened to me. My first book has several instances of its splitting the apostrophe and "s" and Spellcheck doesn’t catch it. Obviously not a high priority for BookSmart tech team.

Posted by
dznjuju
May 7, 2011 9:09am PDT
dznjuju

Yeah this was a big problem for me to made my work atleast 20 hours more due do this “glitch” or whatever I didnt have this problem with the previous version.

Posted by
kimroseberry
May 7, 2011 9:43am PDT
kimroseberry

I’ve reported the glitch to them and we’ll see where they end up with it. The client is going to reject the first printing so that’s going to be fun.

Posted by
dznjuju
May 9, 2011 7:19pm PDT
dznjuju

How do I keep the text from flowing to the next page and on and on when I add something or make a correction. It changes all the pages and I have strange breaks and have to do spell check again.

Posted by
Thena
May 19, 2011 9:46pm PDT
Thena