BookSmart

Booksmart keeps timing out- trying to meet coupon deadline!

Oh man, I’ve been trying all evening to upload my book to make sure I order within the coupon deadline, and it’s getting 1/2 way there, and timing out and saying "connection lost". :( I’m panicing here because I want to take advantage of the holiday discount. This is the 3rd time it’s happened to me tonight. 300 images, and 160 pages. Anyone have suggestions? My eyes are getting heavy, but I really want to get this ordered.

Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jamayor33
Nov 24, 2009 9:04pm PDT
jamayor33

Oh! And I’m not on a wireless connection, thought that might have been it! :)

Posted by
jamayor33
Nov 24, 2009 9:06pm PDT
jamayor33

Well, if you figure it out, let me know.  I have been having the same problem.  I am not on a wireless system.  I have tried two different internet connections and two different computers.  It gets half way through it and times out.  I have been working like crazy for the past two weeks to get it done in time for the coupon discount.  It is frustrating to say the least. 

Posted by
djdastrup
Nov 24, 2009 11:26pm PDT
djdastrup

Same problem over here…. I hope I can get it up in time.

Posted by
Balzary
Nov 24, 2009 11:29pm PDT
Balzary

I have the same problem. Have tried 3 times this evening and no luck. I can’t email support either – not sure if it’s IE 8 problem or problem with the form on the site. The email form tells me I haven’t entered all the required fields but the ones missing are not on the screen……frustrating….

I have tried everything I know to do to get this uploaded. Am assuming it’s just an overloaded site due to the discount.

Posted by
kimtalley
Nov 24, 2009 11:30pm PDT
kimtalley

Same problem here. Hope they still honor the coupon. I can’t get the tech support form to work either. Good luck everyone.

Posted by
AJohann
Nov 24, 2009 11:50pm PDT
AJohann

Me too!  I’m on my 5th or 6th attempt since last night.  Get a variety of error messages and different stages.  It’s very fustrating as I put in a lot of effort to get it finished before the offer deadline.  I can only guess it’s due to demand!

I’m in the UK, so not sure when midnight PET is, but I’m guessing I don’t have long left.  

Posted by
jules75
Nov 25, 2009 12:09am PDT
jules75

Mine made it up, 22mins left roughlt

Posted by
Balzary
Nov 25, 2009 12:38am PDT
Balzary

Ugh – this is torture! Less than 20 min and 26 MB’s to go. I’m so tired! It’s almost 2am CST. 4th try in four hours…

Posted by
AJohann
Nov 25, 2009 12:44am PDT
AJohann

Hi everyone,

Our servers did slow down quite a bit during the deadline and we apologize for that. If you haven’t been able to upload please try again or contact customer support. We have a list of those trying to upload at this time and we’ll reach out to you today. 

Thanks for your patience!

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 25, 2009 10:31am PDT
kathybad

Good that I ordered mine on the weekend :-)  Lesson learned—don’t want until the last minute!

Posted by
friend1979
Nov 25, 2009 1:45pm PDT
friend1979

if that offer gets extended a day let me know, I’m still trying!

Posted by
216Angel
Nov 25, 2009 3:56pm PDT
216Angel