BookSmart

i want to save my book as a pdf

i want to save my book as a pdf so i can see it in another pc,or showi it to a friend before i publish it. can i do it ?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
asrael
Oct 11, 2007 11:15am PDT
asrael

Hi asrael –

By default, you cannot export to PDF within BookSmart on a PC. However, there are ways to make it happen. While Macs ship with the ability to turn any document to a PDF, most PCs require additional software. From what I’ve seen, you can either purchase Adobe Acrobat, or try out a utility like this (once installed, go to BookSmart and "Print" to the PDF utility). Keep in mind, the PDF will have a watermark, as its for proofing purposes only.

Jack 

Posted by
JackLyon
Oct 11, 2007 12:11pm PDT
JackLyon

Just one point.  Blub puts a line of type diagonally across the page when you generate a .pdf so you can’t do anything but show them as proofs.

Posted by
200mph
Oct 11, 2007 1:56pm PDT
200mph

Is there a way  in 1.9 to define the preview/print quality as lower res? When I imported my v1.8 7×7 book into v1.9, printed to PDF, it took a VERY long time to generate the pdf and the file turned out to be around 800MB!!!. Not only that, but when I wanted to cancel the print to pdf out of 1.9.. the cancel button wouldn’t work… just kept printing. Had to eventually force quite out of BookSmart.

Have I got some setting wrong?How could a 40page 7×7 book possibly generate such a HUGE file? 

Posted by
skiphunt
Oct 11, 2007 2:15pm PDT
skiphunt

I just tried my original book in v1.8. Went to print, and print to pdf. The resulting file was only 50MB instead of 800MB v1.9 generated when I did the exact same thing. Appears to be a glitch/bug in v1.9.

Posted by
skiphunt
Oct 11, 2007 2:24pm PDT
skiphunt

Just did another test creating a NEW book in v1.9. I just selected PhotoBook and slurped in a folder of 59 hirez images just to see if the print to pdf was just screwed up on my original v1.8 book that was imported in. The same thing happened. The resulting file too a very long time to generate and created a 700MB pdf file. I compared the 50MB pdf file that I generated from the v1.8 booksmart app… went to the same image used in both and looked at each pdf page at 100%. Both looked about the same. Only, the one generated from the v1.9 app was 700MB and the one generated from the v1.8 app was only 50MB for essentially the same amount of data. Looks like a bug to me.

Posted by
skiphunt
Oct 11, 2007 2:47pm PDT
skiphunt

How do we show a pdf file to  a client and then not have to worry about them seeing a watermark.. I don’t want my clients to see a markup

Posted by
autumrhythm
Oct 12, 2007 3:27pm PDT
autumrhythm