BookSmart

Disc Full when uploading

HI,

I have spent about three months putting together a 13×11 landscape book which is 154 pages and mainly photos. Many of these were scanned from 6×4 prints at 7.20 DPI so that i had hig res pictures big enough to0 fill a 13×11 page if needed. There is 381 pictures in total but about 1/4 the way through upload a message came up saying "Sorry not enough disc space" what does this mean. Are my pictures too large to upload ? what do I do, its taken 3 months to do so far but the book has to be done and delivered by 18th November.

Help, Can I upload it as it is or do I have to rework the book again.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Derek218
Oct 11, 2007 6:34pm PDT
Derek218

Hi Chris;

I am assuming that this was a BookSmart/Blurb error message – not a Windows message…

The BookSmart upload file is typically HUGE, and goes through a lot of processing on the way to Blurb’s server… so needs a lot of hard-disk space to function… as far as I understand it!

The first thing I would check is the space available on your hard-drive… and try to delete unwanted files, uninstall unwanted or unused programs (that we all collect over time…).

If that doesn’t work – you will need to contact Tech Support at Blurb here; http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

Good luck;

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 12, 2007 2:11am PDT
lkb-28

Thanks for your reply Lee,  I have the Booksmart program installed on a seperate Hard drive which has plenty of space.  However my on board hard drives are both pretty full C drive has less than 1 GB free and D drive has 5.5GB free. Could this be the problem ?

Posted by
Derek218
Oct 12, 2007 3:21am PDT
Derek218

Hi Chris;

Yes; I would think so…

The book is stored by default on your C:\ drive under;

C:\Documents and Settings\[User_Name]\My Documents\BookSmartData

I don’t believe you can move that – it’s hard coded; so, that’s where the work happens on the upload – as far as I know.

Looks like you’ll need to free-up some disk space on C:\ !

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 12, 2007 3:52am PDT
lkb-28

Thanks again Lee, your help was invaluable. I managed to clear 2 1/2 GB from C Drive and freed up some space and this time the book uploaded. I sat watching it just in case it crashed again so that I would know how close i was but fortunately everything went fine. So just ordered 4 copies of my first book and can now start work on the second one that is planned.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Posted by
Derek218
Oct 12, 2007 7:35am PDT
Derek218

Hi Chris;

Thanks for posting the update…

Glad it worked for you… and it proves the theory!

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 12, 2007 8:51am PDT
lkb-28