BookSmart

Locked Front page ruined

Good evening.

After receiving my 1st book from blurb, i was utterly disappointed with my front page as the text i had on the corner, went over the page.

I went on to the help option after receiving it to see what went wrong, and turns out you have to select a “display trim guidelines” option.

I could not see this option and still cannot find it either. i am so disappointed and my book now looks silly on the front page (although the rest of the book is fine.

Another problem is the spine. i had 68 pages on hard back image wrap, but the spine is a lot thinner than the book itself, which also looks silly.

Has anyone else had these problems before?

I’d be grateful for any response.

Kind Regards

Posted by
tmjackson
Mar 24, 2010 5:54pm PDT
tmjackson

Upper left corner of your left hand pg has the option to "display trim guidelines." When you check the purple area around the pg can be seen. If you keep all images, tex within this area your book should print the way you want it to. You probably should contact Customer Service about the spine. All the info I’ve found about the spine indicates it might actually be too big if your pg total doesn’t fall within the 20-40, 40-80 etc pg count used for pricing. I haven’t seen any mention of your problem.

Posted by
loricherokee
Mar 25, 2010 12:44pm PDT
loricherokee

Hi tmjackson,

If you haven’t done so already please  contact us here at customer support. If you attach a picture or two of the problem with the printed book it will help us resolve this faster.

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Mar 26, 2010 8:21am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff