BookSmart

Locked BookSmart Won't Open

IE7 crashed yesterday & I couldn’t repair it. I tried to uninstall it & redownload it but could find no option for that. I had to download IE8. I was able to open all files that needed IE except for Documents. Unfortunately all the backup book files were in that folder – now gone. I had previously download Booksmart 2.6 & it was working. Site was not open when I added IE8. I now cannot open the Booksmart site when I click on desktop icon. When I tried to open it last nite there was a msg on the icon saying "Checking Book Directory." Today I don’t even get that. I tried uninstalling 2.6 so I could reinstall it. Another msg – "BookSmart 2.6 currently running. Close all instances." As far as I can tell Booksmart is not open anywhere. I have 2 books in progress which I cannot access. One of them was to be an anniversary present in June. I’m guessing the problem may be that the BookSmart data file was in the Documents file which I no longer have. I thought I had seen earlier forums re IE8 problems but I can’t find them now. I really need some help. I contacted CS last nite, actually got an email back in an hr but it said "Updating your web browser should not effect BookSmart. " If the missing BookSmart Data file is the problem, the adding EI8 did effect Booksmart. I sent 2nd EM toCS, no response yet. HELP

Posted by
loricherokee
Apr 29, 2010 7:59am PDT
loricherokee

Update: I want to thank CS for solving the problem. BookSmart doesnt support IE8 & when  I had to download it when IE7 crashed I could no longer access BookSmart. I lost both books in the process because My Documents filed disappeared w/IE7. I definitely do not like IE8 but apparently there is no longer a way to uninstall it & get IE7 back. I haven’t been able to find IE8 in Programs or Updates.  It’s very aggravating because I have to keep signing in to my emails & my Yahoo pg. Anyone else having this problem? Again, thanks to CS for the help.

Posted by
loricherokee
Apr 30, 2010 4:29pm PDT
loricherokee

I am having the same frustrating experience…

Posted by
danaboyko
Jul 16, 2012 3:39pm PDT
danaboyko

Hi danaboyko,

If you are having trouble opening BookSmart please contact support. This is an old thread that likely does not pertain to your particular issue. We should be able to get you up and running soon!

-Craig

Note: Locking post due to age.

Posted by
csm
Jul 17, 2012 7:48am PDT
csm Icon_staff