BookSmart

Replace photos after fixing them

Hi,

I created a book thats over a couple hundred pages with thousands of photos. I printed a test book and all the photos came out too dark.

I went back into my photo editing software and brightened them all and saved over them with the exact same name in the same folder they were originally imported into booksmart.

The photos did not update? How do you update the photos AUTOMATICALLY within booksmart after touching them up.

I see some old posts on here about how that isnt possible, but it would take me hours and hours to manually do this. Any help would be appreciated, i would find it crazy if this feature didnt exist as i assume this is a requirement that happens quite often.

Thanks,
Dan

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sanfrandan79
Jul 18, 2010 5:37am PDT
sanfrandan79

Unfortunately you will have to upload your corrected photo’s and replace one at a time.  Booksmart does not recognize changes made in a different program.  In the future you may want to print sample pages on your home printer before you upload to Blurb.    Sorry I know what a bummer this has to be for you.

Posted by
Bebensee
Jul 18, 2010 11:43am PDT
Bebensee

I’m starting a book and know I’ll likely want to also make some adjustments. Auto update would be an ideal feature, but I’m wondering if I can also take advantage of the automatic photo placement option when starting a new book to create a work around.

My thought: design book with current photos in order I wish, then rename files such that they automatically sort in that same order. Then start a new book and use the automatic option to populate the pages. 

My question is… how can I do this with page layouts that I design?

-Diane

Posted by
dchoplin
Dec 21, 2010 12:21pm PDT
dchoplin