BookSmart

Some basic questions......

1. I’m using "Times New Roman" font size 11 for the text of my book..is that large enough to be read easily?

2. If I use a template but shrink my photo inside the box provided….will there be any unsightky edges or discoloration around the photo?

3. Can I use a different color on each side of a page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
IanStIan
Oct 8, 2010 9:57am PDT
IanStIan

New to this too, but I may be able to help some on number two.  The one book I did, I had several pics that I reduced smaller than the template box, and there was no clue on the final product.  You might also notice that any border will shrink with the picture, and does not stay at the size of the container.  I’m not sure I understand #3.  Sounds like the answer is yes, but I’m not sure if I’m missing something?

Posted by
LJ2b2c
Oct 8, 2010 10:59am PDT
LJ2b2c

Thankis!!! That’s very helpful! I appreciate it.

Mark

Posted by
IanStIan
Oct 10, 2010 5:47pm PDT
IanStIan

1. After doing a test book with different fonts and sizes I have plumped to use 11pt for the main body of text. I tried 9pt but found that a bit of a strain for large amounts of text, though I often use it for captions, 13pt was just too big for me. It does depend on how good your vision is though, mine’s not great these days.

2. To add to Larry Jordan’s response if you look at the bottom right of the BookSmart window you’ll see a Preview Book button, that’ll show you the pages as they will be printed.

3. If you mean the background that can be set to be the same for all pages or you can set each page individually, so the answer is yes. If you mean text you can choose the colour for individual text containers, not just all the text on a page; or you can set it globally using styles. You can define a style for headers, captions, etc. There is a FAQ on this.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Oct 10, 2010 11:46pm PDT
tfrankland

Thanks for your responses…all good to know! As for question #3..I did indeed mean that I want to have some background color black (for example) and on the back side of the page …or next page…I would like to use another color. Sounds like that’s a resounding "yes"…so thank you.
I couldn’t find a FAQ for each of these questions and time is of the essence…so I  asked em all here…ha. 3 birds with one stone.

Thank you.

Mark

Posted by
IanStIan
Oct 11, 2010 3:45pm PDT
IanStIan

P.S…..the global "style setting" does not work. I set it at the beginning of my book creating process and it ALWAYS changes on me. I wated to use Times New Roman throughout the book…yet it keeps switching to Arial text font. Some kind of irritating glitch.

Mark

Posted by
IanStIan
Oct 11, 2010 3:47pm PDT
IanStIan

cn i retieve my book after its been deleted?

Posted by
SS123
Oct 15, 2010 11:27am PDT
SS123

SS123,

this was probably worth a new post as it is not related to the questions asked in this one.

But my first question is deleted from where? Deleted from the Blurb bookstore/server? Or deleted from your PC/

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Oct 15, 2010 12:55pm PDT
tfrankland