BookSmart

Is there a solution?...

I have been having so many problems with Booksmart since starting my book project, I am fit to be tired! I’ve prayed and I’ve cried… I’’ve cried and I’ve prayed… but it doesn’t seem as if even prayer and crying is in control over Booksmart at this time… LOL

Customer service has been great, but there appears to be no solutions to solving the problems I am having. Yes, I have reported these problems with Booksmarts fonts and many other things, since the start of my book project one year ago come November. And I see no change…

I am TRYING to correct minor "BOOKSMART" mistakes, that were found in my first published project back in February, but can’t seem to get Booksmart to cooperate. So it has taken me all this time between breaks of frustration and anger fits with Booksmart program,  to correct these mistakes.

I am using font size Time Romans 12, and for the trillion time, I have gone over my book thinking everything is in order for publishing, only to find that each time I close out Booksmart, and then reopen to review it to send for publishing. Somewhere within the 15 chapters of the book, within a paragrah, a sentence or two, the font size has changed back to Georgis 9. There is no consistancy. I am spending all my time changing the font sizes back to Time Romans, only to find after closing , and reopening for reviewing that the font sizes have changed back to Georgia 9.

How am I to republish my book project for bookstore quality, when I can’t get the font sizes to remain in place? Is there a solution to all of this Booksmart maddness that I’m missing? I’m using booksmart 2.5

Thanks for your responses and all help!

ella

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
EvangelistET
Oct 11, 2010 10:10am PDT
EvangelistET

Hi Ella! I believe the best thing to do is to download the updated version of booksmart. And don’t forget to backup your files before upgrading.

Posted by
jmdelarama
Oct 13, 2010 8:33am PDT
jmdelarama

I can understand your frustration.  I have seen similar issues with the font changing when revisions or insertions are done earlier in the book.   I eliminated those problems by working only sequentially from beginning to end, then fully reviewing the final copy in Preview to ensure it is as I wish.  Once you go back and do any editing you need to review all subsequent pages from that point forward again.  If you make very minor edits that do not change the wording/spacing on the last line of a page, it may not affect subsequent pages, but I still preview again as a precaution.

Posted by
RobGL
Oct 17, 2010 7:16am PDT
RobGL

Now this is the third time I have tried to post and it keeps going out into space.

Thanks JM & Rob.

Posted by
EvangelistET
Oct 17, 2010 5:43pm PDT
EvangelistET