BookSmart

RE: Latest software update

I just installed the latest version of booksmart wanting to use some new layouts on a book i am working… however I do not see any new layouts.  I checked the ‘about booksmart’ and it appears i have the latest installed (1.9.1.20466).  How do I find the new photo layouts for the 8X10 landscape book?  Did the install go wrong? Or are new layouts not available for this book?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
SamanthaM
Oct 24, 2007 12:57am PDT
SamanthaM

SamanthaM;

The new layouts are only available for NEW book projects started in 1.9…

If you are importing an existing project started in r1.8, then the new layouts are not available!

Reason apparently is because of the change in the design of BookSmart & incompatibility between release!

Hope that helps…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 24, 2007 3:03am PDT
lkb-28

I haven’t tried this but what happens if you export and then import the same book?

What a bummer this is.  I have a 250 page project that I would love to add a few more pages to with the new format!

Posted by
dspeirs
Oct 25, 2007 7:43am PDT
dspeirs

Me too!!

It IS a bummer

I’ll try te export import thing but not holding out a lot of hope!!!

Posted by
tiagd
Oct 25, 2007 12:16pm PDT
tiagd

I just downloaded the new version and can’t find one of my n=books, done this last summer.  And there doesn’t appear to be any way to get it from Blurb’s site.  Anyone else had this problem?  Anyone else found a solution?  Thanks.  Roger

Posted by
wogger
Oct 25, 2007 7:30pm PDT
wogger

I am halfay through a book, downloaded the new version, and now I can’t type anything in the text boxes. Come on Blurb. What giives? You had a good product and now you don’t!!! How am I supposed to meet my deadline?

Posted by
Oct 26, 2007 10:44am PDT

I had the same issue – simple workaround.

Just change the template and change it back (you might need to select a text template instead of a  photo and vice versa)

You might still have some issues – there are problems with text size for example – some simply will not be accepted, no matter what you do! 

Posted by
tiagd
Oct 26, 2007 10:59am PDT
tiagd

Howdy Blurbarians,

Interesting workaround. We’ll try to replicate that here at Blurb HQ. 

**If any of you are still experiencing technical issues, please give Customer Support a holler at

http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

and we’ll work to get you back up and Blurbing as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Jeremy 

Posted by
jbates
Nov 1, 2007 5:49pm PDT
jbates