BookSmart

Locked ignoring low resolution warning

I’m creating a book filled with old scanned photos, many of which are pretty bad quality to start with. I have lots of warnings. If I scale them down to the size it wants I will end up with tiny thumb nail sized pictures. I realize these photos are not crisp and clear and don’t expect them to be in the book. Is there any way to get a “true” preview of what the pictures will look like when printed in the book. Also, will Blurb let me send in a book full of warnings?

Posted by
Sarahbeattyl
Jan 20, 2011 9:45pm PDT
Sarahbeattyl

There are no facilities to get a "real" preview. You could try creating a small test book, a 20 page 7" x 7" paperback costs just $12.95 plus shipping – quite a few forum members (including me) have done a small test book when they have doubts about some of their photos.

Alternatively try printing a few at home at the size you are using in the book and see how they turn out. That’ll only be an approximation but if they look bad on your home printer they’ll look bad in the book.

In general I’d say if you get the warning you’ll be unhappy with the resultant book.

When you come to upload BookSmart will warn you that you have low resoultion photos but you can overide that warning and uload and publish your book anyway.

…..TOny

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 20, 2011 11:08pm PDT
tfrankland

I am using BookSmart and am ready to order the book, in spite of the warnings. The warnings are about low resolution photos. I understand the photos might be grainy or blurry and want to include them anyway.

When I try to order the book, up pops a list of low resolution image errors. And I can’t go on to place the order. In past books, I have been able to just go ahead and order. It might be something with my updated software – BookSmart 3.3

How can I skip this preflight step or dismiss the errors so I can order my book?

Posted by
leahmex
Sep 3, 2012 10:19am PDT
leahmex

I also need to know this – the book I am building is about my ancestors – with many very old pictures, newspaper clippings and documents. They are blurry because of old technology but still valuable to show future generations. A thumbnail will not be enough.

Posted by
lbragg38
Sep 15, 2012 8:41am PDT
lbragg38

I’m having the same issues as above. I know the pictures will be blurry, and that’s fine, but it won’t let me just ignore the low resolution issues.

Is there anyone from Blurb who can actually provide a solution to this? It’s clearly a problem if multiple people are asking about it.

Posted by
katiemowery
Sep 23, 2012 7:45pm PDT
katiemowery

Another method would be to use a program like photoshop to "up res" the images.  You’d get a better idea of how they would print as well.

Mike

Posted by
Charybdis
Sep 24, 2012 3:19pm PDT
Charybdis

If you are on a Mac getting a “low resolution warning” and are unable to continue forward to “order book” just drag or enlarge the “low resolution warning” box till you see the override option at the bottom, select and continue. Hope this helps!

Posted by
judeeflick
Oct 12, 2012 9:35am PDT
judeeflick

I need help with this same issue, there’s not option for ignore, yet when I open the box of issues it tells me I can either fix them or ignore them but no button or how to?
I really really really need to figure this out, I was hoping to get my book by vday..which I realize isn’t going to happen this late but I NEED HELP! I’ve spent countless hours and days working on this book and I really need an explanation..it won’t let me order the book without fixing or ignoring but when I push fix, it significantly decreases the size-which I don’t want. I just want to ignore the issues. PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by
nyklin1227
Feb 4, 2013 10:19pm PDT
nyklin1227

Hi nyklin1227,

To skip a large amount of low resolution warnings prior to uploading from BookSmart, click Control/Command- G. This will bybass the warnings and allow the book to upload.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Feb 5, 2013 9:36am PDT
csm Icon_staff

I am having this same problem and the control G does not work.  Please let me know if there is another way.

Thank you!

Posted by
Cass1016
Feb 5, 2013 11:36am PDT
Cass1016

Hi Cass1016,

You may have an issue unrelated to this thread. Please contact us for more help.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Feb 5, 2013 1:32pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

I am also having this problem i want to proceed & order book but Bookify can’t go past fix prompts.

Posted by
tmentor
Mar 7, 2013 9:15pm PDT
tmentor

I have exactly the same problem and can’t get past the error messages. You must be losing a lot of business!!!

Posted by
TMM123weg
Jun 19, 2013 8:01am PDT
TMM123weg

I see that the last question in this blog hasn’t been answered for several months. My problem is really urgent as I can currently do nothing with my book. When can I expect a solution?

Posted by
TMM123weg
Jun 19, 2013 8:08am PDT
TMM123weg

Hi TMM123weg,

The solution to the problem stated in this thread is addressed in one of my previous posts in this same thread. If you have an immediate problem or something unreated to this please contact support.

-Craig

Note: Locking thread due to old age.

Posted by
csm
Jun 19, 2013 8:13am PDT
csm Icon_staff