BookSmart

removing pages from my book

Hi, Just made my first book and accidently added too many pages and now I want to delete them.

I have tried clicking onto the page then pressing delete, this does not work, and there is no "remove page " button on my screen.

Can anyone  help me??

thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
trudymarr
Jan 27, 2011 12:02am PDT
trudymarr

I have exactly the same problem, but i cannot find out how to do this either !!! Its very frustrating as I am close to finishing. Any help very gratefully received,

Posted by
natsegaren
Jan 27, 2011 8:39am PDT
natsegaren

Hi trudymarr and natsegaren,

To remove a page in BookSmart select the page in the Page Navigator and either hit the delete key on your keyboard, or, right-click and select Remove Page.

If the page does not delete then it’s likely there to ensure your book contains an even amount of pages. If you think this is not the case please contact us for more help.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jan 27, 2011 9:12am PDT
csm Icon_staff

A couple of other things to check.  If you have locked any pages, some pages will not disappear to keep the locked pages correct.  Also, if you are in preview mode, it will act as if you can delete pages, but they do not go away.  You must be in edit mode.

Posted by
LJ2b2c
Jan 28, 2011 4:06pm PDT
LJ2b2c

I must be missing something. In my copy of Booksmart (v 2.9.1.32043, and previous versions) there is a thingie at the top of the page labeled "Remove Page’, right next to the "Add Page" thingie. It works fine. Is there an updated version where this button has been removed? Hitting the delete key will also delete a photo if one is selected instead of the entire page. Anyway, whatever is in the orange border goes away with the delete key.

Posted by
lastdollar
Jan 29, 2011 2:03pm PDT
lastdollar