BookSmart

Can't access iPhoto 'Albums'

I no longer can access my list of ‘albums’ in iPhoto on my Mac. It was working as I worked on my latest book, but when I opened it up recently my access to my iPhoto albums had disappeared. Now what I get when I use the BookSmart filter is access to ALL my iPhoto Library (thousands of photos). It no longer gives me the option of selecting a specific album. How can I reconnect with the ‘albums’? Advice will be much appreciated.

/p

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
petern70
Mar 5, 2011 11:24am PDT
petern70

A correction to my original posting above. When I go to the filter it directs me to ‘my computer’, not iPhoto. If I click on ‘all photos’ it does fetch photos in my computer, including those in iPhoto, but does not link me to ‘iPhoto’ with all the albums I want to make a selection from. I have reinstalled the BookSmart software and I have tried starting a new ‘test’ book to see if it will connect with iPhoto instead of ‘my computer’ and it does so…giving me access to all my albums. What have I done to screw up my photo access for the book I am currently working on?

Posted by
petern70
Mar 5, 2011 12:51pm PDT
petern70

I came across the same problem today. While I was able to solve it, yours might be a little different. My issue was I had to modify images in iPhoto which I had already imported in to Blurb. Maybe I modified too many pictures but eventually Blurb stopped showing access to iPhoto. Blurb would notice the change, though, in the images I had modified and ask me to choose between the older unmodified photo and the newer updated photo. However, for some reason it would not do it all at the same time. I found that if I kept shutting down Blurb and re-opening it, I would get a different picture to update. It was tedious but after doing this many times, Blurb caught up with the updates and I was able to see my iPhoto library again where it used to be. Even if this is not exactly what happened to you, think about when the change happened- there must be some image in iPhoto that Blurb doesn’t like which is making it disappear altogether.

Posted by
adelaide01
Mar 30, 2011 1:27pm PDT
adelaide01

petem70, I am having exactly the same issue! I am using albums to sort the chapters in my book and have about 40 of them into which I put my hundreds of images, so importing all of them into Blurb is out of the questions because they would all jumble together.
Can Tech Support please help us out here?!

Posted by
cristinas
May 31, 2012 8:49am PDT
cristinas

adelaide01, that used to work for me, but after updating to the latest version of the software today, none of those solutions work anymore…

Posted by
cristinas
May 31, 2012 8:50am PDT
cristinas

I may have found a partial solution. I note that if I deselect any flagged items in my iPhoto, then book smart will find the full iPhoto library

Posted by
erc3
Nov 20, 2012 3:39pm PDT
erc3