BookSmart

blurb refusing to run (and hasn't for 6 months)

hey folks,

i first tried blurb about 6 months ago, threw together a book, loved it.

downloaded the upgrade,  seemed to install fine. attempted to run it, startup screen loaded, then once it got to the final "starting booksmart" line the program just quit. not even listed in the system processes.

emailed blurb support a few times, got conflicting responses from everyone, everything from firewall problems, to font issues, to new issues of java, to doing clean installs, to removing old stuff, to installing new versions.

not really a system issue as my system is fairly loaded, 2.8 GHZ and 3 gigs of ram, booksmart ran without a hitch the last time i used it. 

6 months later, and now at version 1.9.1 and still the same issue is taking place, startup screen loads, then quits at the end of it. 

curious, i attempted to install booksmart on my wife’s computer, and the EXACT SAME problem took place.

does anyone have any idea whatsoever as to what could be taking place here?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
robdobi
Oct 25, 2007 12:43pm PDT
robdobi

Hi robdobi,

Have you contacted Technical Support recently? They might be able to offer a fix and at the very least, they could really use your feedback to get a fix in place.

Thanks for your patience.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 29, 2007 10:34am PDT
kathybad

yes, the advice they gave worked, although it wasn’t advice i really wanted to take.

i had to delete my front library and restore it to just the "core" fonts, one font was causing blurb to crash everytime.

now it looks like my book will be done this week!

Posted by
robdobi
Oct 29, 2007 10:57am PDT
robdobi