BookSmart

Cannot delete photos in Library

Is anyone else having TERRIBLE issues with this new TERRIBLE "upgrade"?  Took 25 minutes to open new software AFTER downloading. Then none of the photos I uploaded to my new book came up in the Library.  The only photos in my Library are old pics I don’t even want in there anymore but can’t seem to be able to delete.  How hard is it to write in an easy way to delete photos you don’t want into the software?  When I right click (Mac) I see the word remove, but it’s greyed out and I’m unable to select it. Please please please Blurb, fix this "update!"  I have never had a problem (beyond the semi-constant system failures causing the program to close) with any previous update.  This is by FAR the worst upgrade I’ve ever seen.  Help!!!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
soper360
Apr 1, 2011 11:45am PDT
soper360

Hi soper360,

The option to remove an image is grayed out (on a Mac) if it’s an image loaded from your iPhoto library (you wouldn’t want to accidently delete an image within iPhoto from BookSmart). This is not new to BookSmart 3.0.

To prevent your iPhoto images from loading un-check iPhoto under the filter menu located above the image library.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 1, 2011 1:07pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Actually, I’m having the problem without using iPhoto. Same greyed out “Delete” function on the pull down… I’d like to be able to delete my photo library on the Blurb side of the house, and start anew with each book.

On a side note (bug), the “Filter: Show All” button never changes regardless of what filtering is in place.

Posted by
cdewitt
Jul 3, 2011 6:27am PDT
cdewitt

Interesting – just found that the photos I couldn’t delete were in iPhoto as well as the folder I imported. Removing them from the iphoto lib removes them from the My Photos/Blurb lib. Odd integration, but, SOLVED!

Posted by
cdewitt
Jul 3, 2011 6:31am PDT
cdewitt