BookSmart

Problem in importing photos to Photo Library from Hard disk drive

Hi all from athens, greece,

I am using Mac and the latest version of BookSmart (3.0)

1st problem:
When i try to import photos from a folder located in my Mac’s Hard disk drive, ALL the photos stored in the computer are imported and not only the ones i want for the specific project.

The result is to have every time hundreds of photos to scroll down and up which is a real headace.

Could you please indicate me the process and which selections should i make in the filters in photo library area in order to get only the desired photos?
(please note that up to now i tried almost all possible combinations of filters with no luck).

2nd problem:
Can you please indicate me how can i delete photos from the Photo Library section ?

Many thanks to all in advence

regards
Nikos

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
wrangler2002
Apr 18, 2011 1:51am PDT
wrangler2002

I have just started using the latest Mac version of Booksmart so this may not be the best answer.
My preference is to turn off iPhoto in the filter then simply drag and drop the images I wish to use into the Booksmart My Photos pane.

Posted by
TomM
Apr 18, 2011 7:02am PDT
TomM

Hi Nikos,
I`m sorry I can`t help because I`m suffering from the same problem.
Cheers
Kenji

Posted by
bluehour
May 4, 2011 3:14am PDT
bluehour

I got this advice from the Blurb people…

“Thanks for your message regarding BookSmart and the image library. It’s not possible to delete iPhoto images from BookSmart’s image library. However, it is possible to hide all your iPhoto images, or to select only certain iPhoto albums.

Under the “My Photos” bar on the left side, look for “Filter”, click on it, and then select “iPhoto” and then make sure that “Select All” is not selected. Unselecting it will hide all your iPhoto images. You can also choose only certain iPhoto albums if you wish. In iPhoto you may wish to create an album with only the pictures you want to use, and then restart BookSmart to see that album. Try selecting/unselecting different options and let me know if that helps."

Posted by
bluehour
May 4, 2011 7:33pm PDT
bluehour

I am experiencing the same problem as the topic starter. I’m unable to select just one album from my iPhoto library to use in Blurb. It’s really impossible to work like this and find the right picture between thousands of pictures.

Posted by
kristienhenc
Jan 23, 2012 9:31am PDT
kristienhenc